1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well while most people have a CCW and keep firearms around themn, what is your senario for when your in the latrine/shower?

------------------
IceCreamSoldier............... what else is so easy to attack........

·
Registered
285 Posts
In the shower, my stainless Colt DS-II, loaded with 158-grain +P .38 hollow-points, is held in a plastic bag attached to the wall. Very easily accessed since the bag zips open and closed, and I often scare the wife by running a "practice drill" while in the shower. I'll grab the gun and run out into the hallway, naked, dripping wet, and ready to rock. I've got my time down to ten seconds total.

For the bathroom, well... it's much the same scenario, but the gun (this time a Colt Combat Commander with 230-grain Federal Hydra-Shok ammo in a Wilson 7-round magazine, accurized and tuned by my buddy down the street) is secured in a smiliar bag just above the toilet paper roll. I won't describe how these practice drills go! Needless to say, the sight alone will scare the bad guy before I have to shoot him. --Brian

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Originally posted by Parker45:
I'll grab the gun and run out into the hallway, naked, dripping wet, and ready to rock. I've got my time down to ten seconds total.
I just know I'd break my leg if I tried one of your bathroom drills

My dogs patrol the house while in the BR. If the bad guy gets by them without letting me know, I'm in trouble.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Originally posted by ICS:
Well while most people have a CCW and keep firearms around themn, what is your senario for when your in the latrine/shower?

Clothes hang up on the towel rail when i'm in the shower - so IF I lived in the US and IF i was fortunate enough to hold a CCW then that piece would be sitting on my belt right by the shower door.

I'm not a great believer about leaving all your clothes the other end of the house while you're in the bathroom, especially in the middle of winter!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think you are a very sick man.<BG> The thought leaves me rolling. Whats wrong with thw counter??? Reminds me of the covert security alerts in the Navy, talking to my wife it the chiefs mess, and I run out , only to apear in a flack jacket, helmet and with a M14 45 seconds later.
Jack

In the shower, my stainless Colt DS-II, loaded with 158-grain +P .38 hollow-points, is held in a plastic bag attached to the wall. Very easily accessed since the bag zips open and closed, and I often scare the wife by running a "practice drill" while in the shower. I'll grab the gun and run out into the hallway, naked, dripping wet, and ready to rock. I've got my time down to ten seconds total.

For the bathroom, well... it's much the same scenario, but the gun (this time a Colt Combat Commander with 230-grain Federal Hydra-Shok ammo in a Wilson 7-round magazine, accurized and tuned by my buddy down the street) is secured in a smiliar bag just above the toilet paper roll. I won't describe how these practice drills go! Needless to say, the sight alone will scare the bad guy before I have to shoot him. --Brian

·
Registered
122 Posts
Parker45;
You are shi**ing us right(no pun intended
)?Pennsylvania must be a VERY dangerous place to live or you make a lot of people angry.Saaaaaayyyyyy....you didn't use to post as MallNinja on Glocktalk did you?Your wife souldn't be scared man she should have you committed!!! ROTFLMAO

·
Registered
721 Posts

Hmmmmm? Very interesting! Maybe these tactics could be put into a training video. lol

------------------
Mike,
Mike's Sport Shop
http://www.rcvideo.com/users/msmith

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey, guys! Glad you've gotten a laugh out of my shower/bathroom post. I had a good laugh making the whole thing up. --Brian

·
Registered
86 Posts
In the shower I carry a "Glock on a Rope".Who cares if it rusts.I also took the rubber end off a plunger and sliped it over the muzzle of my 870.I got it stuck to the tile floor right behind the john.It stands straight up ready to go.Make sure you run your boresnake through the barrel after you un-clog the toilet or you'll be shooting more then skeet.

SHOKz

·
Registered
370 Posts
if im in the shower im not gonna hear much over the running water, unless they kick in the locked door, which the sight of a pissed off nekked me should be enough to scare anyone away

(and yeah i still lock the bathroom door, habit from years of sharing a bathroom with siblings)

and then if im on the "Throne" and theres an attack that would be an even worse situation for the attacker. a small sample of my "tear gas" would repell the attack totally or until i could lock and load.

a tip for bathroom fighting techniques -- (this one came out of the prison survival) when sitting on the "throne" take 1 leg out of your pants, you will be better able to stand and fight should an attack happen.

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?

[This message has been edited by Black Pearl 45 (edited 06-06-2001).]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Guys....we're missing an opportunity for a helluva thread here.I'm afraid I just can't let this die so easily.I wanna hear more about them "Toilet Tactics" yea "Dookie Defense Systems" thats it "Shootin',Showerin'and Shavin'" or maybe "+ PEE Loads" awwww come on guys you gotta help me here.

Holy Moly what a Hoot.....I just made it up man,really I did.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Anybody that has balls enough to attack while I'm on the can deserves Everything he gets! Even the dog won't go near that one!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

...no more ...please...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
429 Posts
While showering I have two towels. One for drying off and the other to wrap up my Kimber. And while on the toilet I have my Kimber in my Wild Bill IWB. I just hate the way Murphy sneaks up on you when you least expect it. It's either that or rotate through showers with the wife and pull gaurd for each other with the 870 which is strating to sound like a pretty good idea!

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I usually place high explosives and/or bear traps by all the first story windows and entranceways. I also have a ton of trip wires surrounding the entire house. Anybody foolish enough to set one off will get sprayed in the eyes with hydrochloric acid placed in tubes embedded in carefully camouflaged grooves just below the shutters at 45-degree angles.

It's been pretty tough on UPS delivery men and pizza guys, and sometimes my front yard looks like a scene from Saving Private Ryan, but I feel much safer using the bathroom.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm surprised you dont have the guns in hand while performing your bathroom needs. You know Kimber in one hand and a wad of TP in the other. Just be sure to wipe with the correct hand.

·
In Memoriam
683 Posts
On the wall in my shower is a wooden bar wit three pegs. Two of them hold my wife's shower brushes and sponges, the third holds my pistol while I'm in there. When I get out of the shower and dry off, I go straight to the bedroom, drop my dirty clothes in the hamper, and then I grab an oily rag and give my springfiled it's daily wipedown.

The most logical eason I can give for keeping my pistol in the shower with me is that I stole the "Dinner Club" idea from a school where I train, the Assiciation of Professional Trainers at Galena, MO. If another "Dinner Club" member catches me without my gun at any time, on or off duty, I owe him dinner at the restaurant of his choice. APT Director BJ Johnson loves to tell a story about two of the members of his SWAT team, who we'll call Bill and Joe. Bill lived only a few doors down the street from Joe, and one day, he called Joe's wife and asked her to call him the next time Joe took in the shower. When she called, Bill ran to Joe's house, rand into the bathroom, threw open the shower curtain, and yelled, "Caught'cha! Where's your gun?" I'm willing to bet that Joe's wife got to go out to dinner, too.

Seriously, though, back in February of 1990, a local P.D. officer was shot during a traffic stop in front of my house while I was in the bathroom in my skivvies, putting shave cream on my face, with my gun and my pants two rooms away. If I had been standing in the bathroom fully clothed with my 45 on my belt, I don't see how I could have kept that officer from being hurt, but it sure added to my discomfort level. I never leave my bedroom without my gun and a pair of pants.

------------------
Roger Shambaugh
Ottawa, Kansas

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm glad I wasn't the only one with this reaction. Actually, PA is a very safe state, except maybe for Philadelphia, due in large part to the fact we have CCW.

Originally posted by bgenlvtex:
Parker45;
You are shi**ing us right(no pun intended
)?Pennsylvania must be a VERY dangerous place to live or you make a lot of people angry.Saaaaaayyyyyy....you didn't use to post as MallNinja on Glocktalk did you?Your wife souldn't be scared man she should have you committed!!! ROTFLMAO

------------------
Steve

1 - 20 of 36 Posts