1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Prized 1911A1 - Nighthawk Custom I built while attending gunsmithing program at Montgomery CC
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a good single edge fixed blade. I like the looks of the Corkum First Strike, but know little of the CRKT stuff. I have an 1*M-16 that I carry on duty and it seems to be good.

·
Banned
967 Posts
I'd shy away from the Corkum. I have it on good source that the edges are duller than dull.

The one I saw confirmed the comment for me.

YMMV

Brownie

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
It looks cool. The one thing I noticed was it would be very hard to sharpen and keep it looking good. My pal who bought one some how traded it for a used automatic microtech hawk, hell of a deal for him. I will side with brownie on this one.

·
Registered
Prized 1911A1 - Nighthawk Custom I built while attending gunsmithing program at Montgomery CC
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I need a good single edged knife in that kind of pattern. you guys have any suggestions? What about the cold steel tantos?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not really sure what your budget is, but the EB series from Strider is great. I have the EB-S which is a spear point - if you're set on the tanto they also have the EB-T. You also have your choice of paracord wrapped handle or the G10.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts