1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out what I should use this coupon for that came with my Trophy Match. What all did you get with yours? And did anyone get the banner?

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
The $9 magazines are a good value. Also got the 1911 holster and mag carrier. Decent leather at a reasonable price. A Forum member, obviously knowledgeable on the subject said the leather appeared to be from one of the name-brand houses--can't remember which one.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Magazines and the open top holster (which has since been sold).

Robert

·
Registered
550 Posts
I bought ten magazines(45), five magazines (9mm), and a rear adjustable sight. I bought a lot more stuff with my loaded m1a coupon.

I like the SA magazines in both calibers, as they have been reliable to date. Happy shopping!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Nothing, still have both of them. The mags didn't interest me b/c they were only 7rd'ers. Holsters didn't interest me b/c I'm left handed....I should trade them to somebody who wants them...

·
Registered
123 Posts
T Also got the 1911 holster and mag carrier. Decent leather at a reasonable price.
i am going to get the mags... they do work very well ... but i am wondering about that holster will it fit the champion operator?

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
i am going to get the mags... they do work very well ... but i am wondering about that holster will it fit the champion operator?

The holster will nicely hold a Colt Commander, but not even close with a SA half rail Operator (5" barrel). Suspect it would also be a no-go with a Champion Operator.

ETA: Check out the "railed holster" thread currently running on the Wilson Board below. There may be some relevant info there. Kinda confirms that a standard pistol holster is not gonna work with a railed pistol but there might be hope.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The holster will nicely hold a Colt Commander, but not even close with a SA half rail Operator (5" barrel). Suspect it would also be a no-go with a Champion Operator.

ETA: Check out the "railed holster" thread currently running on the Wilson Board below. There may be some relevant info there. Kinda confirms that a standard pistol holster is not gonna work with a railed pistol but there might be hope.
on wilson board below??

·
Registered
276 Posts
I bought several Mags, ammo bag, pistol bags (For give aways) and some other stuff with some extra $$$
I really like the ammo bag it holds 8 thirty round AR-15 mags, 10 1911 mags on the inside. Several AR-15 mags in the side pocket. It's cool, I really like it, but it can get a little heavy if you load up too much stuff.
I like to keep all my ammo loaded in mags before I get to the range. I need more 1911 mags as I hate to load mags at the range...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm trying to get my hands on some of the stainless steel mags that have the slam pads on them like the ones that came with my Trophy Match. Anyone know where I can find those?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So if I were to just get the mags with my coupon, where would I get the slam pads for them?

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
So if I were to just get the mags with my coupon, where would I get the slam pads for them?

I got mine from Dillon Precision at a rip-off price. I think they're Wilson. There are other much cheaper sources that I can't link, but whatever you get they have to have two holes to match the mag base.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts