1911Forum banner

what are sks going for nowadays ?

5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Joe Shmoe 
#1 ·
i managed to pick up a 1/2 dozen or so before they went crazy and now gone. i just did a quick search and couldnt find any dealers with them. i have 2 romi's, 2 yugu 59/66, 2 yugo 59's, and a russian.

#2 ·
I predict that soon within a few short years the sks prices will go sky high if we don't see anymore new ones imported fromanother country or more yugo's imported. Right now i'm about all yugo'd out probably for the rest of my lifetime. I've seen enough of yugo sks's. (M59, M59/66 & M59/66A1)

If we look at the history of the sks's just before the flood of the yugo's arrived the russian sks was hitting between $400 to $450 near the $500 mark. Then the bottom fell out when the yugo and albanian sks's were offered. The Russian, the chinese norinco and the romanians took a back seat for a while. The albanians were short lived because of the low quantity that was manufactured so there bringing a higher price because there rare. There seems to be an influx of the romanian sks's that are still trickling in, in small quantities here and there. But overall all the sks's from them being imported are dryup. Will we see anymore who knows. But i'm sure the prices will climb as they will get there just do.

My prediction is we will see a $750 to a $1,000 dollar sks in a few years if nothing else is imported and there finally gone. I can support my thoughts by looking at all the other military surplus semi auto's and see were they are going price wise too. While the '41 johnsons and german G43's are way out there the FN49's/ Svt-40 Tokarev's / Ljungman's are quite high price wise but climbing every so often too. While the french 49/ 49/56's are still lower. I believe the demand for the sks will put it near the Fn49's price wise in the middle of the pack. But again the demand will cause this to happen.

I think as they approach $500 again they will soar to $750 soon after you can bank on that and the shortage and the demand will cause it. :rock:

#3 ·
wish I had a couple more, but I sure am glad I got my Yugo when I did, only $150 out the door. Almost sold it off for $250 back when I lost my job, but thankfully I realized how stupid that would have been, sold off a couple other guns instead. I have seen Yugos in the paper for $300 - $350.

#9 · (Edited)
It has to happen sooner or later if we look back at the military surplus market and were some prices have risen already. I'm not saying the sky is falling i'm saying the prices will go up in the near future. In my area years ago i watched the prices at gun shows go up from each show to show with the same vendors.

And yes the AK's will go up too i'm sure.

If we don't see anything imported or any new sks's offered here by the time most realize the yugo's are completely disappeared from the whole salers/ internet dealers you will see a big jump in prices over night. Its happened before with other guns.

Example; I purchased a 1908 7mm brazilian mauser off the net for $150 about three weeks later to a month these were showing up priced at $325 to $450. I have no clue as to why they jumped in price so fast.:confused:

This was a low budget hobby of gun collecting at one time but thats about to change. You will be glad you got what you did in a short time. :rock:

My very first chinese sks was only $59 NIB. The very first yugo M59 were sold as ufixem's by century arms for $69. Aim surplus had cracked stocked albanian sks specials for $79.

So what are the prices now?

The albanian sks's are hitting $400+
The chinese sks's have been no lower than $250+
The yugo m59's the well used ones with a recent war history i'm not sure but they won't be cheap.
There were unissued yugo m59's, M59/661A's too.

Just look at the FN49's and the Russian SVT-40 Tokarev's prices right now. I've seen the FN49's from $750 to $1,700 on gunsamerica.

It boils down to what you will pay to fill a gap in your collection or just to shoot it/own it.

#11 ·
I remember that too brother. I didn't have the $$ back then otherwise i would of purchased crates of them.

I've seen piles of chinese sks's along side piles of russian sks's along side piles of ak47's being offered.

Thanks for the memories.

My point is if you see something you want and its affordable you better grab it now.

#7 ·
I went to a fun show on Saturday and saw several yugo sks's for sale at $450 and higher, a Russian one for a bit more. Of course, everything there was overpriced. During my short time there, I noticed a lot of folks looking, but now much handling of cash.......

#10 ·
Never, Never, Never sell anything. I regret it too. I was wanting a revolver in 44mag so bad I traded in my new Colt Gov series 80 in nickel finish on a new ruger redhawk s/s. Wejust don't see nickel finishes like that anymore. Now I won't part with anything. And all my stuff is will'd to my kids if i pass on so the seed i planted my grand kids will enjoy. :rock:

#12 ·
OK, never sell anything and SKS's are going to get to $1000?

I'm starting to question your decision making process.:biglaugh:

Why would I want to keep something in the safe for 30 years, hand it off to a grandkid who would probably sell it for half it's value before my corpse is cold.

If I don't shoot it, it gets sold for something I will shoot.

#16 ·
Where early last year I never say an SKS of any type going under $300, my buddy put one on layaway today that was out at $249. It was a a very clean Norinco sans bayonet. It is also the first SKS I've seen in that shop in many months.

#17 ·
I think there maybe most parting with there sks's because of the higher prices to make some cash. We may see a flood of used sks's soon as the prices go higher.

My local dealer already had two fine looking norinco's for $500 already. Judging by that were do you think the prices will go? There were sold in a very short time. We may see a $750 sks by 2010.

Sks's being hard to find, any sks thats rare, the sks's being in excellent condition will bring the highest prices.

#18 ·
$750? Next year? For a gun that sold 10 years ago for under a hundred and they flooded the market with them?

Have you got 10 or 15 pristine examples you are trying to talk up for your retirement fund?:biglaugh:

SKS's sold for $500.....a fool and his money......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.