1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II
My wife won't buy be one for Christmas because she has already bought me a $900 double barrel shotgun for Christmas for my SASS shooting. I tried to explain to her that I only had one 1911 and every self respecting man in Alabama must have more than one 1911. What should I do? I'm thinking about wearing pink frilly shirts and pants and putting a bumper sticker on my SUV saying "I only own one 1911, so I'm a sissy because my wife won't buy me a second 1911". Do you think it will work? Help I need advice.:(:(:(

·
Banned
4,947 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm not getting that Class III M14 I've been lusting for, that and I will probably be stived on the World peace thing too.

...again.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
We are giving a cow through Heifer International. I have all the guns i will ever need.
I think this is commendable. However, I visited their headquarters in Little Rock, AR. They had a huge exhibit about how t-shirt manufacturers were using what basically amounted to slave labor to produce cheap t-shirts and hats in Indonesia and China. As I was on my way out I thought I'd spend some money in their gift shop and make a donation with whatever I had left over. To my great surprise, EVERYTHING in the shop was either made in Indonesia or China. There are plenty of places in the US and other countries to get these things. The problem is, the profit margin goes down. How can I donate to a place with such hypocrisy?

Even so, I'm sure they do plenty of good work.

I just bought a 1911. I think my "gun gifts" are maxed out.

·
Super Moderator
14,974 Posts
It is definite: I will not be getting a WC SuperGrade from my wife for Christmas, our master bathroom shower grout broke down and the wall is wet behind it - renovation of master bath will have to come first (unfortunately).

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just got myself my first blue 1911 (Colt 1991) , but I'm still undecided on my Christmas gift to myself. Either a Wiley Clapp Commander, or a Colt Mustang, or a new wheel gun. I'm still undecided...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have 5 purchases coming in, but what I would really like is a H&K SP
89, but at 4 to 5 K used and 6 to $7,500 NIB I don't think Santa will be bringing me one this year.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I will not be getting my Wilson Combat Professional (I just ordered) this Christmas, or even next Christmas for that matter, but when it does finally come in, it will be Christmas everyday!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I am sure I won't be getting a CZ TS Czechmate this Christmas.Sigh, it's such a beautiful race gun that's for competition. Maybe next year. :(

·
Premium Member
20,427 Posts
I'm almost certain that Chuck Rogers won't be calling me Christmas Eve telling me to come pick up my full blown custom Combat Commander that I've been telling Santa about.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
THANKS FOR REMINDING ME!

I won't be getting a custom one of a kind Fusion Firearm built 1911 longslide with ALL (as many as possible) Damascus Steel parts w/custom (my initials and B-date) serial #.:(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Extra magazine for my WW2 Nazi high-power found one today and the buy it now was $299 for 1 mag so I dont think she'll go for it hmm maybe a present to myself

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Sometimes I get butt-hurt over what I don't have that I forget what I do have. I buy a firearm, motorcycle, or some hunting gear every other month, probably 4-6 a year minimum. I'll wheel and deal and often come out ahead only to buy more expensive examples of either. My Christmas present is a Ruger redhawk in 44 with a 5.5 barrel. I wanted a "plinking" 44 that fit the fun iron sight useful role that my hunting revolvers don't offer. I'd like a new safe, but I'm at the point I either need a vault door for a room or a ma$$ive safe to hold everything, and that comes at a cost. Sigh....maybe next year.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
My recently divorced ex and her attorney have both assured me I won't be getting very much for Christmas this year...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm almost certain that Chuck Rogers won't be calling me Christmas Eve telling me to come pick up my full blown custom Combat Commander that I've been telling Santa about.
That's 'coz he'll be over to our place helping me figure out why my new Colt 38 super shoots 3" high at 25 yds.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts