1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hola sasops, you can get imported ammo in Brazil, just like in USA, but the brand most commonly available is local made CBC, also sold in US as Magtech (MRP).

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Thank you, Tiro! I was trying to remember that ammo brand name, and I was drawing a blank. Of course, I didn't know if it was purely an export product or was sold locally in Brazil, and it's about as hot as a half-chewed habenero, but it goes bang.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
828 Posts
sasops, I don't have much personal experience with CBC (magtech) ammo in this caliber (I've tried many other calibers and were OK), but I think it is just as reliable as any other mil-spec 45 ammo. CBC is the only brazilian ammo maker, and they supply their armed forces and police. Their normal load is a 230 FMJ at 830fps.
Don't buy old ammo in the black market, as long as the boxes are new and you inspect a few rounds for irregularities, crimp, etc. you'll be OK. In any case, if you go into any large gunshop in Sao Paulo or Rio (or any other large city) you'll probably be able to find other american or euro brands that you have more experience with.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Boa targe,

I'd be surprised if you were not able to find all your favorite stuff, even CorBon. If you have to go Fiocchi, no prob, it's been good to me.

Where in Brasil ya goin, if I may ask?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts