1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sistema that, tragically, is already sullied by my having to replace the barrel. The original barrel broke and, dummy that I am, I put in a Wilson barrel (a full half the price of the weapon itself)and it dawned on me that to justify the Wilson barrel, I should have decent sights on it.
What sights can I put on the government GI slide? I've noticed that the front sight might be a problem. Is that expensive to modify for a modern front sight?
I'm carrying a Kimber now, so I just want some respectable sights for the rare trip to the range with the Sistema, not necessarily top shelf sights. Just so long as they're easily visible.
What are some reasonably priced sights that would work in this situation?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Get in touch with Pvt. Ryan who has posted extensively on this forum. He can assist you with sights for a reasonable fee. Tell him Dr Sam recommended him.

------------------
Doctor Sam

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I installed a set of King's gunworks sights on my Sistema. They fit the rear dovetail without modification. The front sight needed to be staked in place, but this is a 5 minute (read cheap) job for any gunsmith. I think that my smith charged me $12 to install both sights and bore sight the pistol.

Check out Kings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts