1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the exact model of this? The Serial Number is OU36x.

I know that it is a colt officer's, but this the first time i've seen that is ported. I've heard that only 500 were made. Any further info about it appreciated, such as specs, value, rarity.

http://www.pbase.com/image/23111899

Thanks!

edit

PS: This gun is not being sold nor is it for sale. It is not mine and I am merely curious about the rarity of this gun and how much it is worth as compared to ordinary colt officer's model as a matter of reference. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Not a production gun

WOW!,

This seems to be an experimental gun that someone customized. It's not a production gun in anyway unless Colt's trying something new. I just wish they could increase there 45 production as I don't see any new ones for sale out here in California. I also miss theyre' snubbies "Agent", etc.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rimfire,

I heard that Colt made these in a limited run of 500 pcs. I dont think it was further customized by the current owner. I will take clearer pics later today.

Anybody else want to take a stab at it?

thanks

·
Registered
992 Posts
Looks like an officer that someone wanted the same length as a Gvmnt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm also curious if the mods look like they were done at the Colt Custom shop or does it look like aftermarket gunsmith did the mods?

Any info or insights are appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,058 Posts
They made a "Comp Commander" or Comped Commander, that looked a bit like that. Colt makes lots of limited runs for their distributors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
RickB said:
They made a "Comp Commander" or Comped Commander, that looked a bit like that. Colt makes lots of limited runs for their distributors.
My uncle owned one of those Comped Commanders. Too bad, he used it in criminal acts. It now rests in a holster of some high ranking police officer here in the Philippines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts