1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,285 Posts
Your Prime Elite, of course
Not I: it was >4yrs ago, but I recall carrying my SW1911PC, while eating an awesome NY strip, helped along with a very nice Pinot Noir, followed up by creme brule'. Although I prefer creme brule' served warm, it was still good served cold.

View attachment 602551

[ ed. This weekend just passed, I replaced those carbon steel grip screws with Challis stainless. The OEMs were showing a bit of rust. ]

Reactions: monadh

·
Registered
14 Posts
36th? That was ten years ago so I am pretty sure it was either a Kimber Tactical Ultra II or a Colt Mustang. My 45th is coming up in a day or two and I will be carrying the Mustang because it is predicted to be 95 degrees and humid.

·
Administrator
74,730 Posts
I only made it 15 years with mine. Instead I'll be celebrating the 36th anniversary of my first 1911 (sorry, it's a Colt) instead in a few years. It's certainly been a lot more faithful and trustworthy than the wife ever was.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Probably a S&W M60! That was 20 years ago and that was the only other gun on my "permit" from the Sheriff! My regular duty gun around that time was a G20! Sold it the day I retired!

This year will be 56 years next week. Probably a M36 my wife has the same M60!

Smiles,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Like was said that was 5 years ago and I don't remember for sure but it was either a Keltec 32 or a S&W Shield.

·
Super Moderator
15,310 Posts
Since that was 2 years ago, I know what I was (and still am) carrying, a Wilson Tactical Supergrade Pro in .45 ACP worn in a Milt Sparks Criterion. Had we gotten married at our first opportunity, we would have celebrated our 50th last year.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
(y)
i got married late in life, so 45 is a few years down the road. i had poor judgment in general, and particularly with wimmin. it was worth the wait. james
ps: good luck to dsk. 'life is like a box of chocklates...'

1 - 20 of 29 Posts