1911Forum banner

3741 - 3760 of 3781 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
Still waiting for some 11 mm Mauser dies to arrive.
I did find a recipe for Unique instead of BP though.
At least I could use that at indoor ranges.

·
Premium Member
6,659 Posts
Finally set my Lyman #55 powder-measure to drop a correct charge of H-110 (which is so fine it leaks in all my other powder-measures) and quickly loaded a bunch of .44 Automag.

Also got a .309" bullet-sizing die from NOE (for .300 Blk cast heavies).

·
Registered
757 Posts
Punched out a quick 100 9m m for the range trip Friday. Only had 100 loaded so thought I better have more.

·
Super Moderator
7,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,744
Roll sized and processed some nickel Speer and LC 223 brass for a forum member. FL resized, deprimed, trimmed and removed primer crimp.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yesterday was loading 300 rounds 230gr .45. 5 grains N231, single stage press. Assorting, tumbling and de priming 600 casings 9mm.

Today, cleaning 600 primer pockets, tumbling 300 cases of .45. Hopefully loading 200 rounds.38 special, 158gr with 3.2 grains N231.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally after being retired for a year and 3 months I took a complete inventory of all reloading components and loaded ammo. Bought a cabinet to keep everything in order and made a spreadsheet to keep track of input and output so I'll never have to do that again.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Got started on some 9mm, will continue in the morning prior to going to shooting range.

I buried my father earlier this week and inherited his 2010 f150. He kept it in his garage and I will do the same.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Sorting stuff out. Found a unopened box of 5,000 LP primers. Another box is somewhere.

Reactions: USMM guy

·
Super Moderator
14,622 Posts
Got started on some 9mm, will continue in the morning prior to going to shooting range.

I buried my father earlier this week and inherited his 2010 f150. He kept it in his garage and I will do the same.
Sorry to hear about you losing your father.

Loaded 500 rounds of .45 today; 230 gr. Xtreme CPHP.

Reactions: flgolfer29

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I tried my hand at .44 mag shot shells. Large pistol primer. 5 gr of 231. A bit of paper towel as a wad (1” x 1” square). Number 8 lead shot almost to the top of the case, a disk of cardboard and sealed with nitrocellulose (I didn’t have nail polish so I made up nitrocellulose glue from ping pong balls dissolved in acetone). The nitrocellulose glue was chosen for fast drying properties. 6” pattern at 6 feet from a 3” S&W. Next experiment was a hammered lead disk about 0.100” thick on top of the wad followed by #8 shot. That yielded a .44 cal hole in the center of a 6-7” group at 6 feet. I think I have my snake load. The #8 lead shot easily penetrates a tin can.

Eventually I am going to try .45acp shot loads from .45 win mag brass.

These .44 mag shot loads seem to take a bit of time to assemble. They do work nicely. A nice afternoon.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
For the past several weekends, I have been preparing to be able to load rifle cartridges. When I first began reloading pistol ammo about 10 years ago, a dear friend gave me all of his stuff that he hadn’t used in over 20 years. Aside from the tools and equipment that I have used for pistol ammo, the other equipment included multiple popular rifle caliber die sets, a Lyman powered case trimmer, an assortment of once fired brass, and a small inventory of assorted projectiles. I had to order a new caliper set, since I gave my other one to my son a few weeks ago and I was able to acquire some large rifle primers locally. So sometime after the new year, I’ll see if I can load a few 30-06 rounds😉

Reactions: DubfromGa

·
Registered
15 Posts
My New Year's tradition Is a complete inventory of my ammunition, supplies, reloading kit, firearms and mags all while watching "Apocalypse Now". Then, with that all safe in my spreadsheet, I went on to produce about 200 .45 ACP and 50 .308 with a new projectile coating I'm playing with.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Haven't finished setting up my bench....seems like every day something else pops up.

I continue to have components arrive.

Some Croatian .30'06 cases & .38Super brass, 6,000 Berry's 9mm heads, 16lbs of CFE223 and 8lbs of Shooter's Choice Match Rifle made it here and into the mancave earlier this week.

Then yesterday some W296 & Blue dot arrived along with 1,500 new .44mag cases.

Someone was mighty nosy....watching everything get upstairs....didn't bother to help. :)

Have a set of .308 & .270 dies on the way, too.

·
Registered
23,519 Posts
Haven't finished setting up my bench....seems like every day something else pops up.

16lbs of CFE223 and 8lbs of Shooter's Choice Match Rifle made it here and into the mancave earlier this week.

Someone was mighty nosy....watching everything get upstairs....didn't bother to help. :)

Some Croatian .30'06 cases & .38Super brass, 16lbs of CFE223 and 8lbs of Shooter's Choice Match Rifle made it here and into the mancave earlier this week.

[/

Some Croatian .30'06 cases & .38Super brass, 6,000 Berry's 9mm heads, 16lbs of CFE223 and 8lbs of Shooter's Choice Match Rifle made it here and into the mancave earlier this week.

Blue Dot, I knew that it had to be for .38 Super auto! Blue dot behind a 147 grain Hornady XTP is my business round for .38 Super. Fortunately for me I am currently chucked up with about 2K rounds of loaded ammo for my two .38 Supers. What a great round.
QUOTE]

·
Registered
23,519 Posts
Today the only thing that I did in the reloading room was to clean a couple of shot guns. Have to get out and shoot as all of my brass is loaded. Oh well. Weather has been miserable.

3741 - 3760 of 3781 Posts