1911Forum banner

4101 - 4120 of 4160 Posts

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
With no primers to be found, I'm still just processing brass. Last week I did score some Aa2200. Seems a little low on the burn chart, but there was data for it. So I loaded a few with it and it worked fine. Loud as hell though.

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,102 ·
Yes, they really are pink. But they are for girls, so deal with it.
I shoot pink powder coated bullets through my 416 Rigby and 470 Nitro. Really.

For hunting Pink Elephants.

I also shoot pink 9mm bullets through my 9mm Belt Fed M-16 upper.

·
Premium Member
Sig Sauer Nightmare carry, Sig Sauer Nightmare carry with Light/Laser mounted,Kimber CDP 2,Ruger SR
251 Posts
Haven’t done anything but process dirty brass. But, I just picked up another thousand LPP’s from Sportsman’s Warehouse. They are magnums, so I’ll do a test as I did with the magnum SPP’s but would expect similar results. Their price went up to 48 a thousand but better than many prices that have been reported.
I haven't found any primers and it is pouring the rain today so I am processing 1800 pieces of raw 9mm range once fired brass and hopefully running them thru the sonic cleaner

·
Premium Member
Sig Sauer Nightmare carry, Sig Sauer Nightmare carry with Light/Laser mounted,Kimber CDP 2,Ruger SR
251 Posts
Haven’t done anything but process dirty brass. But, I just picked up another thousand LPP’s from Sportsman’s Warehouse. They are magnums, so I’ll do a test as I did with the magnum SPP’s but would expect similar results. Their price went up to 48 a thousand but better than many prices that have been reported.
APG I am down to 200 SPPs.. but I have Fed Premium and CCI 400 SRPs I really like VV320 and 124g bullets in my 9mm. Can I substitute either of these SRPs for SPP under VV320 with a powder reduction safely??

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
Wish I could answer that but I have not used any SRP’s. I think there has been some discussion on that and some have used them. Harder cups than a standard primer and could have issues with ignition with some guns.

You may want to do a search on the forum to see what has been posted in the past on this.

No doubt someone with experience with SRP’s will chime in.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Wish I could answer that but I have not used any SRP’s. I think there has been some discussion on that and some have used them. Harder cups than a standard primer and could have issues with ignition with some guns.

You may want to do a search on the forum to see what has been posted in the past on this.

No doubt someone with experience with SRP’s will chime in.
Thanks APG

·
Registered
I'm a Ruger man.
4,199 Posts
APG I am down to 200 SPPs.. but I have Fed Premium and CCI 400 SRPs I really like VV320 and 124g bullets in my 9mm. Can I substitute either of these SRPs for SPP under VV320 with a powder reduction safely??
Yes. Ive done that when I had to.
VERY little difference in performance.
It you are not pushing the max limit it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Super Moderator
15,121 Posts
Yes. Ive done that when I had to.
VERY little difference in performance.
It you are not pushing the max limit it shouldn't be a problem.
Agreed on this. The limited testing I did two months ago (been raining pretty much most days since then) was not VV N320, but another pistol powder using identical loads of mid-range using SPP and SRP primers - I could tell no difference in pressure indications or performance. Stay to the low to mid level of the load map for the N320 and I doubt there will be a problem.

Reactions: cavelamb

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,386 Posts
Tumbled a few hundred 9mm cases, to replace those I've been leaving on the ground at the range, the last few months.

·
Registered
24,612 Posts
Loaded up some 22-250 cases with 64 grain Berger bullets on top of Reloader 15. I am not sure if the 64 grain Bergers will stabilize out of the High Wall. But I was not sure if the 60 grain Nosler ballistic tips would either. They ran well. We will find out in the next couple of days

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Agreed on this. The limited testing I did two months ago (been raining pretty much most days since then) was not VV N320, but another pistol powder using identical loads of mid-range using SPP and SRP primers - I could tell no difference in pressure indications or performance. Stay to the low to mid level of the load map for the N320 and I doubt there will be a problem.
Thanks you both...that is the information I am getting from several sources. The CCI 400s are getting relegated to the pistol shelf with a reduced powder charge. I only use CCI 450s in my ARs for both .556s and 6.5 Grendels

I actually deprimed and cleaned 1250 9mm brass yesterday and mounted the sights on my new GGP Glock 19 slide. Steel Ameriglow front and Vickers combat steel rear.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
Since Chance-dg inspired me, I dry tumbled 1163 9mm’s and then size/deprimed them. Will get them wet tumbled tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I use one of those every day and have gotten quite adroit with it!! like it.

I set up my 9mm dies in my .223 tool head and made up a dummy round with a Sierra 124g JHP SportsMaster. Swapped my Grendel dies over to the tool head with 45acp dies and set up my drill press for some pin holes in a frame I am working on.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Thats awesome David, You inspire me all the time. Glad I could help.

Out of the 1250 range brass, I had only 1 38 Super and 3 I tossed on the initial decapping. pretty good return from bulk
I still have about 400 9mm to decapp and clean up . I am eager to try out the Sierra 124g SportsMaster JHP. The Sierra Tech I spoke with this morning told me they are a new bullet in their product line, #8124. I picked 500 up from their website rather inexpensively in Feb. or early March. The tech said to use 124g V Crown data, these are shived hollow points recommended for general purpose hunting sg and self defense.

I run factory 230g V Crowns and Hydro Shocks as my defensive loads.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
I want to get all my range brass cleaned up and put away before we head to Berryville to shoot for a week, a week from tomorrow. I really dislike dirty brass in my reloading room. I think I shot 500 of the 9mm brass and the rest was brass pick up. Don’t normally get much of any extra but having gone out two evenings on Memorial Day weekend there was actually some extra brass to take home. My .45 brass has been through the wet tumbler and is laying on a towel drying.

·
Super Moderator
15,121 Posts
The Sierra SportMaster JHP is what I use in my 10mm for deer hunting, I think you will like them.

·
Registered
I'm a Ruger man.
4,199 Posts
I picked up six (6) 45 acp cases at the range today.
Range brass is getting as had to find as primers.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I want to get all my range brass cleaned up and put away before we head to Berryville to shoot for a week, a week from tomorrow. I really dislike dirty brass in my reloading room.

That week sounds like a hoot, I am envious of you all that will be there. I was telling my wife about the agenda and it seems like something I would like to attend in the future WOW

4101 - 4120 of 4160 Posts