1911Forum banner

4121 - 4140 of 4160 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,121 Posts
I picked up six (6) 45 acp cases at the range today.
Range brass is getting as had to find as primers.
Yep. The last time I was at the range, there were only about 50 cases (surprising for the range I go to as you know), and the 9mm stuff was not as plentiful either as it used to be.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts

I found just over 50 a week ago and felt like I won the lottery. Normally only find one or maybe two .45’s.

·
Premium Member
7,624 Posts
The range brass is drying up where I shoot also. I do have 3-4 people bringing me their once fired pick up brass from other ranges in, 6.5cm, .308, 45acp, 9mm, 38spl. None are in big numbers, but every little bit helps.

I deprimed and separated everything and they’re in the wet tumbler now. The PIA is not being able to tumble them all together.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I do have 3-4 people bringing me their once fired pick up brass from other ranges in, 6.5cm, .308, 45acp, 9mm, 38spl....

I deprimed and separated everything and they’re in the wet tumbler now. The PIA is not being able to tumble them all together.
This, friends, is the very definition of first world problems!!! Having to run multiple batches to clean free brass!! :p

·
Premium Member
Sig Sauer Nightmare carry, Sig Sauer Nightmare carry with Light/Laser mounted,Kimber CDP 2,Ruger SR
251 Posts
This, friends, is the very definition of first world problems!!! Having to run multiple batches to clean free brass!! :p
You lucky fellow, I have been processing once fired brass in 9mm and have 1 bag to finish of gifted brass. None of the giftors are reloaders so all approx. 400 pieces are 1 time fired also.

·
Premium Member
Sig Sauer Nightmare carry, Sig Sauer Nightmare carry with Light/Laser mounted,Kimber CDP 2,Ruger SR
251 Posts
I found just over 50 a week ago and felt like I won the lottery. Normally only find one or maybe two .45’s.
My neighbor stopped by yesterday and I was out of the ranger and on the ground scooting around picking up 45 brass. He thought I was hurt or drunk LOL Precious as gold at my house.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I want to get all my range brass cleaned up and put away before we head to Berryville to shoot for a week, a week from tomorrow. I really dislike dirty brass in my reloading room. I think I shot 500 of the 9mm brass and the rest was brass pick up. Don’t normally get much of any extra but having gone out two evenings on Memorial Day weekend there was actually some extra brass to take home. My .45 brass has been through the wet tumbler and is laying on a towel drying.
This week I am motivated to decapp and clean the rest of the loose brass in my reloading room. its a mix of 44mag and special, 30-30, 338, 30-06, 300wsm, 223 and Grendel. I also have about 400 9mm to finish. My wife is due back home in July so getting this done and drying them on the kitchen counter while the kitchen is still mine. LOL The slide kits for my 9mm builds are in production so on hold for those .Took the dogs for a swim in the pond, 89 today and beautiful

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
88 here right now, so it’ll break 90 by 5. Glad I got a batch in the wet tumbler before I went out to work in the yard. Got the lawn mowed and a couple other chores and back inside by 11:30. The second batch is now in the wet tumbler and I’m hiding out inside for the rest of the day.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
88 here right now, so it’ll break 90 by 5. Glad I got a batch in the wet tumbler before I went out to work in the yard. Got the lawn mowed and a couple other chores and back inside by 11:30. The second batch is now in the wet tumbler and I’m hiding out inside for the rest of the day.
Good Idea me too now have a great evening, I am mowing tomorrow after Church

·
Registered
948 Posts
Went to shop my son in law wants to start reloading, at this time only 3030. Told him when we see him have reloading manual, pound of powder 1000 LPP 50 rounds of brass,and other.
Brass , bought a 5 gallon bucket of 223 , 25dollars! Bought from pearson that needed the cash.
As you have said very little brass at range. We have a work day , I bring the trash bags home for the brass. Now they get there early to get the trash! What the Hello! Only 125 members.

·
Premium Member
7,624 Posts
Lol...point taken. 🤣I guess what I left out was considering there was just around 250 cases total, spread across 4 calibers, it was more of a PIA, knowing the tumbler can easily handle all at once.

·
Super Moderator
15,121 Posts
Went to shop my son in law wants to start reloading, at this time only 3030. Told him when we see him have reloading manual, pound of powder 1000 LPP 50 rounds of brass,and other.
Brass , bought a 5 gallon bucket of 223 , 25dollars! Bought from pearson that needed the cash.
As you have said very little brass at range. We have a work day , I bring the trash bags home for the brass. Now they get there early to get the trash! What the Hello! Only 125 members.
If he's going to be loading 30-30, I hope those primers are LRP.

Reactions: pawpawlong

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
Sorted almost 1,200 9mm range brass this morning. Probably 400 misc head stamps and most were headstamps I have not seen before. BPS, MXT, SAR, Ammo Inc and a couple Red Army CR.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Lol...point taken. 🤣I guess what I left out was considering there was just around 250 cases total, spread across 4 calibers, it was more of a PIA, knowing the tumbler can easily handle all at once.
I figured as much and have done the exact same when picking up or accepting brass!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Grandpas50AE yes you are correct, had LPP on my mind, last primers I bought. Thanks for the post.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I was adjusting my decapping die and dropped the pin down in my T7 ram. I dismantled the press, cleared the spent primer jam, recovered the pin and completely cleaned, lubed and remounted the press. decapped the final 387 9mm brass I had on hand,300 approx 44mag and specials and am running the 9s in the sonic cleaner next to the sink in the kitchen to be spread out on a towel to dry. I mounted the front and rear sights on my GGP slide...I really like the Ameriglow front and Vickers tactical rear on a carry piece.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
Made up another 200 rounds of 9mm last evening as I had them primed and flared and they have just been in trays on my bench. Spent today organizing and getting things put where they should be.

·
Registered
All my guns were lost in a boating accident.
80 Posts

Loaded 300 Weatherby ammo to take on elk hunt come October. Loaded both 180 grain Nosler bonded core and Nosler partition bullets to see which shot best in my Weatherby rifle.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I couldn't sleep so I decided to load some 9mm. I found out that LEE shellholders do not work with my new Lyman hand priming tool. The shellholder does NOT allow primers to be seated even close to flush due to the way Lees are made. Ugggg I found a Hornady 9mm shellholder in stock at MidSouth but I either drive 2 hours to get it home or have them mail it to me. I switched to the Lyman over my RCBS as it is a pain to change the primer feed in the RCBS. I will leave it set up for large primers and use the Lyman for small primers .But for today, I took apart the RCBS unit cleaned and lubed per instructions reset for small primers and primed 200 9 mm cases. Now to the reloading. 124gXTPs over 4.2g 231 and CCI 500 SPP

4121 - 4140 of 4160 Posts