1911Forum banner

4141 - 4160 of 4160 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sig Sauer Nightmare carry, Sig Sauer Nightmare carry with Light/Laser mounted,Kimber CDP 2,Ruger SR
251 Posts
Obviously I am seeing and typing double, that's what I get for being up at 3 am and drinking a pot of coffee...LOL

·
Premium Member
Sig Sauer Nightmare carry, Sig Sauer Nightmare carry with Light/Laser mounted,Kimber CDP 2,Ruger SR
251 Posts
I stopped at the LGS and scored a brick of SPPs. I am embarrassed to say what I paid but I was down to 150.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I stopped at the LGS and scored a brick of SPPs. I am embarrassed to say what I paid but I was down to 150.
I bet you are way less embarrassed than the guys who are out of primers!! ;)

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I primed 199 9mm cases and loaded 99. (I put a primer in sideways)

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,146 ·
I pulled about 650 pcs of 6 Grendel out of the tumbler and went to work trimming them on my Henderson trimmer. It hardly took any time and they came out to within .001 of each other.

I really liked my Giraud, but the Henderson is on another level of consistency and ease of use.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I pulled about 650 pcs of 6 Grendel out of the tumbler and went to work trimming them on my Henderson trimmer. It hardly took any time and they came out to within .001 of each other.

I really liked my Giraud, but the Henderson is on another level of consistency and ease of use.
That Henderson trimmer looks to be awesome Tom. I will be thinking of it the next time I bust out the RCBS

You reminded me, I have 500 Grendel Hornady new bulk brass to true up the case mouths. I am part of the unwashed Hoard with the same handle. I set up my case trimmer this morning and have started the process. And started to save for the Henderson.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Loaded 150 ea of 357 mag, 125 gr. jhp. I needed a few jacketed rounds to shoot tomorrow in the just acquired colt king cobra target revolver.

The lee auto drum powder measure began to have issues and I had to change it out for my old lee disk measure using a charge bar during reloading session.

Edit to add: while in the mood went ahead and loaded 100 ea of 45 acp.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I took some time to re-organize my bench and closet shelves. (not perfect but since my bench is small I'm split between a small closet and the bench shelf for components.) I wish I had room for a 3'-4' wide set of steel rack/shelves. I need to find a way to store 2 more boxes of projectiles that are out, and in the way.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts

That Henderson trimmer looks to be awesome Tom. I will be thinking of it the next time I bust out the RCBS

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I trimmed 100 Hornady Grendel brass, the mention of Grendel reminded me I have 500 new brass on hand to process. My trimmer (RCBS) is slow but sure.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I took a pic of my stable of Grendels (3) and my case trimming operation but I am unable to attach it or insert it to this entry.
None of the icons are working for me? I don't know what I am doing or not doing with the photo thing? I have about 200 new Grendel cases trimmed and ready to load, only 300 to go.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
It worked from my phone. Here is my stable off Grendels, 12 and 16 inch Monster barrels and an 18 inch WC fluted hunter wt. Barrel

·
Registered
I'm a Ruger man.
4,199 Posts
It turned out to be a mildly expensive day Monday.

Midway USA had the Lee 4-dies set for 380acp.
I don't have any 380s any more.
But I have a lot of friends who do, and have been jonesing for shootables.
Considerably less than 2x normal price, so okay, ordered them.

And had to order the Dillon Caliber conversion kit to go with that, of course.
Considerable not cheap - for what you get!
But necessary unless I want to go back to the RCBS single stage?
Not!

Then came a text from a fellow range officer buddy.
8 pound jug of CFE Pistol - In Stock!
I didn't know I could type so fast entering my personal data and credit card.
Order went through - not terrible price, near "normal" except the $39 hazmat.
Now I'll have to buy a 380. Again.

(edit)
Then found Berrys 380 hollow base - in stock, but 1000 count only.
So another $120.

A mildly expensive day on my part.
But a happy one.

Looks like CFE Pistol, Alliant 10X, and VihraVouri 24N41 are still in stock this evening...
Bruno Shooters Supply

·
Super Moderator
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,156 ·
Looks like CFE Pistol, Alliant 10X, and VihraVouri 24N41 are still in stock this evening...
Bruno Shooters Supply
I ordered some Vhit pistol power from Brunos many years ago. About 30-40 lbs.

I ordered N320. He sent me the wrong powder. I called to complain and Les told me to pound sand. I eventually sold it FTF locally, but his attitude was pretty piss poor. And I used to stop by his shop and spend lots of $$$ whenever I was in town.

·
Registered
I'm a Ruger man.
4,199 Posts
I'll just wait and see.
If he sends me the wrong powder and gives me grief I'll hate him with you.
But for now, he's my new best friend.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
I'll just wait and see.
If he sends me the wrong powder and gives me grief I'll hate him with you.
But for now, he's my new best friend.
And mine, thanks for the tip I have 6 lbs of N320 on the way

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
My reloading budget is shot for 3 months unless primers begin to reappear. 1 brick of SSPs and this 6 lbs. of powder at post plandemic prices has blown my disposable income. But I have plenty of 320 now and enough primers for the summer if my other parts and pieces would get here. My nickname should be Back Order....LOL

4141 - 4160 of 4160 Posts