1911Forum banner
4881 - 4900 of 4938 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Still waiting on a shipment of some more test bullets to arrive. My orders normally arrive very quickly but this one has been sitting at the original USPS distribution center in Texas for a week.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Still waiting on a shipment of some more test bullets to arrive. My orders normally arrive very quickly but this one has been sitting at the original USPS distribution center in Texas for a week.
I'd grab it and fedex to you but it's sitting on the other side of the state!

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Original arrival date was Monday the 3rd. That would have been great as I could have had some test rounds ready for my Tuesday indoor range day. Now I doubt they’ll be here in time for next Tuesday. A friend and myself open our clubs little indoor range every Tuesday for what can only be described as Old Farts Day. Great group of about 7 regulars show up every week. My shop teacher from the 8th grade is always the first to arrive at a very spry 80. Can’t/don’t want to test at the outdoor range this time of year. 19 degrees and a winter storm warning in effect for three days here. About to head out to shovel and snow blow.

·
Premium Member
7,965 Posts
Finally sat down and loaded up some more 6.5 cm. Hornady 140 eld match bullet over 41.2 gr of H-4350 at 2.81 oal and .292 neck. It’s 18 degrees, so I doubt there’s going to be any testing today. Although, it is calm outside.
Wood Gas Rectangle Auto part Electric blue

Light Musical instrument Cone Circuit component Office supplies

Food Tableware Cuisine Ingredient Bullet

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Finally sat down and loaded up some more 6.5 cm.
They look great- did you load them on the Co-Ax or the Dillon? A good buddy of mine is just starting 6.5 CM and loading the 143 ELD-X as a combo load.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cut down 9 .460 Rowland cases to .942 inches. Now they are .451 Detonics Magnum. Primed them, added 7.7 grains of Accurate #5, and Hornady 185 Grain XTP bullets. Now waiting for range day to test in my Detonics Scoremaster.
Shot 'em yesterday, worked fine. I'll do some more up with the next higher loading of Accurate #5.

·
Premium Member
7,965 Posts
They look great- did you load them on the Co-Ax or the Dillon? A good buddy of mine is just starting 6.5 CM and loading the 143 ELD-X as a combo load.
Thanks Flechero. Until and unless I start loading .223, Any of my bottlenecks I’m doing on the co-ax. Especially if they’re for my bolt guns. The Co-ax has really been great for me since I added it into the mix. With setups for 5 pistol calibers for my 750, i was going to need a second press regardless.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Got the new XL 750 all dialed in for .45 ACP and loaded a couple hundred rounds. Loving the auto-indexing and the case feeder, for sure. Need to chase a gremlin in the priming system that likes to skip a primer every once in a while and then spits out two of them on the next cycle.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hit a milestone today. I am fairly new to reloading and just finished up my first pound of powder. I got 1264 rounds from it. Combination of 9mm and 45acp. I spilled some when I was learning my powder measure and I still have a little in my catch bottle. Popped a new container on the powder measure and just did another 50 rounds of 9mm.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hit a milestone today. I am fairly new to reloading and just finished up my first pound of powder. I got 1264 rounds from it. Combination of 9mm and 45acp. I spilled some when I was learning my powder measure and I still have a little in my catch bottle. Popped a new container on the powder measure and just did another 50 rounds of 9mm.
Rock on - good job!

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Nice! I still have that first empty bottle of clays on the closet shelf. ...lol

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Was going to change the do-all 550 over to .32 H&R Mag today but just made a deal on close to another thousand 10mm cases so; guess I'll just wait on the change over. Also boxed up 100 .45-70 cases to send to a Bud for his new BP Sharps project.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
I did clean the bottle and will repurpose it for something.
I kept one or two of each variety for when break open a #4 jug, so I don't have a chance of accidently contaminating a big jug. Pour out 1 Lb at a time for use, just in case.

Reactions: jlhog1

·
Registered
467 Posts
Made up a couple small batches of light bullets specifically for two of my short barrel pistols as an experiment. Will test for accuracy & see how fast they’re going next trip out to the range & go from there to see if they make any sense.
185gr Berry’s HHP in 45ACP & 125gr Hornady XTP in 357 Magnum.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Never loaded 185’s before. I’m starting at a conservative 6.3gr of CFE Pistol & seating to Berry‘s recomended OAL of 1.210” & will go from there. I’d like to get ‘em moving around 1,000 fps if that’s possible out of a 3-3/8” barrel without going into the +p territory.

4881 - 4900 of 4938 Posts