1911Forum banner
4901 - 4920 of 4938 Posts

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
CFE is one that i haven't used much so i'll be following with interest.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Since I got my press back from Dillon and mounted I realized it was time to tidy up some, I been pitching spent primers in a pie can and was wondering whether I just throw them in the trash ?

Food Ingredient Cuisine Soil Dish

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Since I got my press back from Dillon and mounted I realized it was time to tidy up some, I been pitching spent primers in a pie can and was wondering whether I just throw them in the trash ?
I took a few things to the scrapyard this summer. Also took 4 one gallon containers filled with spent primers. Didn’t get any money for those but at least they will be recycled and not just dumped.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I took a few things to the scrapyard this summer. Also took 4 one gallon containers filled with spent primers. Didn’t get any money for those but at least they will be recycled and not just dumped.
Thats what I need to do, was wondering where I could take them instead of just dumping, Thank man/picker

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Got 500 9mm cases flared and 200 of those hand primed. Still waiting on my test bullets but according to USPS they are still in Texas and have been for over two weeks.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Got 500 9mm cases flared and 200 of those hand primed. Still waiting on my test bullets but according to USPS they are still in Texas and have been for over two weeks.
I just remembered that one of my orders last year showed similar- when I emailed Dave, he said he printed a bunch of labels to hold the order on a run of (backordered) bullets... that may be why they are just sitting.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
I did e-mail him a week ago and he said that they have 100’s of orders “lost” by USPS. He said most end up showing up but could be a month or more. Mine does show that it was shipped and this Thursday will be three weeks at the Coppell Distribution Center per the USPS site.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Thursday will be three weeks at the Coppell Distribution Center per the USPS site.
Oh, I thought it might have been a "label created but not in system yet" kind of situation. Sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Didn't do anything much but stashed away some powders & small primer 6.5CM ManBun brass that arrived today.

·
Super Moderator
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,915 ·
After getting my Dillon 1100 set up for automation, I had resisted moving over my 300 Whisper/Blackout stuff. All I had been processing was 223, 308, 38/357 and 9mm.

When forming 300 brass having "feel" is important. With automation, you totally lose all feel. If a case spins in the form die, the brass can bind up the trimmer. That is an expensive lesson. Taking off over 1/4 inch of brass at a time is also hard on trimmer bearings. So I figured out a way to make it easy on me and my machine.

With a cutoff jig I hack off the neck and shoulder and end up with brass about 1.400 long and looks like 30 Carbine or 350 Legend brass. I tumble it for 15 minutes to get any shavings off, add a touch or Hornady One Shot lube, dump it in my casefeeder and walk away while the 1100 does it magic.

The machine churns along at about 1,700 cases an hour and out pops prefect brass that is within .001 of spec every time.

It is a little more labor intensive than before when you add in the time of hacking off the neck/shoulder, but in the end it is worth it.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Annealed several hundred 357/44Mag cases then went to the other reloading room and loaded 500 9 Major rounds with 3N37. Tomorrow I'll do 500 more with Autocomp. Both powders perform well with PF and great accuracy but Autocomp seems much dirtier, but maybe it's the dirt that makes the comp work, we'll see.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Well since its 12 degrees here in Ohio so its time to show my bench some luv. I started by dissembling every die I own which is way to many! Then tumbled them all in media and then put them in my sonic cleaner .There was definitely some gunk in most of the rifle dies , pistol dies were not as bad since there is no lube build up. This was way over due but time well spent . They all look brand new and should perform much better .Now its time to get them dirty again but I will do a better job in cleaning them as I go along so as to not have to do this for awhile again.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Just got an e-mail that a new package of some 147gr coated FP’s have been reshipped as my order from the end of December was lost by USPS. Hope to get some 9mm’s loaded up today with more of my test bullets in 125 gr. So far I’m happy with the 125’s but want to test the 147’s before making a large purchase. Kind of wish he had some 135’s but they don’t. These are from Dave @ Precision Bullets and they make some very good molly coated bullets and good people to deal with.

4901 - 4920 of 4938 Posts