1911Forum banner
4921 - 4938 of 4938 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
I used the Cleaner that came with my unit Hornady One Shot.This was long over due and I am actually not done yet but close the dies look like the day they were new and some are 20-30 yrs old. The rifle were the worst Im probably a little lax cleaning them when I am done loading.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Prepping some .45 lead projectile for powder coating - for .45 Scofield revolver and (hope it'll work for .45 ACP

Grant

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Thanks to the generosity of a couple of forum members, we now have enough 10mm brass; got over 1K sized and primed cases from one and just short of 1K unprimed, roll sized and tumbled from another. We had gathered up an assortment of cast and FMJ 180-grain bullets from several local former .40 cal. shooters and just today finished a run of over 2K rounds of range ammo.
A few months ago, for hunting loads, we found commercial 200-grain hard cast bullets from Montana Bullet Works and Rim Rock Bullets were readily available. It's comforting to have Powder and Primers on hand in volume. Only thing we needed to purchase (other than the above brass) was 1lb. of A#9 for some hunting loads which we put up in once fired brass we had on hand. Off to the range before the snow storm hits.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
I ordered some bullets today. I'm not at home but I believe my bench is still there...now that deer season is done and gone and a couple of months of foul weather is going to set in I may have some time to refill some empty cases and tinker on other things and learn a bit about black powder cartridges...

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Finally with all the loading room projects I was able to load up ten 32 ACP for the 1903 today before closing shop .
These so far are absolutely fabulous I shot 8 cycled flawless , I have 500 + casted & poly coated the poly on this run came out amazingly consistent . The Lyman mold#311252 steel is very consistent . All my molds are now Lyman Ideal steel the preheat retention & ability to sustain a quality filled out casting amazing no frost across the board or cold shut .
This is greek for many although casting & poly coat many many Thousand bullets with success is very gratifying!
Wood Finger Wood stain Flooring Varnish

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Finished loading the rest of my 9mm test batch of bullets, yesterday. Still waiting for my second batch of 147’s to arrive. They are almost here but doubt that I will get them in time to be able to test at the range on Tuesday. Hand priming 500 .45 cases and will get those loaded with Precision 230 gr RN’s.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Annealed several hundred 357/44Mag cases then went to the other reloading room and loaded 500 9 Major rounds with 3N37. Tomorrow I'll do 500 more with Autocomp. Both powders perform well with PF and great accuracy but Autocomp seems much dirtier, but maybe it's the dirt that makes the comp work, we'll see.
How are you annealing the .357 & .44 mag cases ?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
How are you annealing the .357 & .44 mag cases ?
Well I don't use a torch and water like when we were young, I use this machine and it's eazypezy, fast and consistent.
You can get an auto-feed for it but I haven't bothered so far.
I use is mostly for rife brass but it does pistol too.

Home appliance Musical instrument Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gas

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Well I don't use a torch and water like when we were young, I use this machine and it's eazypezy, fast and consistent.
You can get an auto-feed for it but I haven't bothered so far.
I use is mostly for rife brass but it does pistol too.

View attachment 626887

Ah….. believe I have seen one of those before.

In a 📦 that arrived mid December. Going into the mancave…..still in the boxes along with other gear.

Planned on using it for bottleneck cases….then considered .45-70 & .460s&w, too.

Textile Sleeve Hat Cap T-shirt
Audio equipment Gadget Gas Technology Font

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
We think alike. Now if Lapua and other brass manufactures would package 101 cases to a box I could stop twitching at sacrificing one to calibrate :confused:

Ah.....the ancient Aztec Sacrifice :ROFLMAO:

"Yee shall give me one piece of your finest brass and I will give you prolonged life in the rest....."

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'll be setting up the 750 for 9mm today (switched presses from 550 to 750 and I've been focusing on .45 so far), so I think I'll take the opportunity to tear all the dies down and clean them up before I do it. May actually get around to reloading some as well, although I have to be done in time to watch the Bucs play the Eagles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Loaded my last remaining LPPs into mixed cases with TiteGroup and 230 gr plated bullets. These yield between 830 and 850 FPS in my Springfield Mil-Spec 1911.
Table Ingredient Bottle Tableware Cuisine

also found these strange headstamps while sorting brass. Anyone have any ideas on origin?
Automotive tire Wood Material property Dead bolt Gas

·
Super Moderator
15,979 Posts
Browning headstamp.

Reactions: DubfromGa

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,716 Posts
A buddy gave me $25-worth of primers, which had already been seated in .38 Special brass, so I added five grains of N340 per, capped with Xtreme 158gr truncated cones.
Shopping local stores for bullets, I was able to get the Xtremes for only 10% more than if ordered directly, and there's something to be said for having them right now.
Chuckled and cried about twenty-five cent primers, but at least they had a few thousand, and no nitwits buying them.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
loaded 100 255 gr 45 L.C. for group, trimmed cases etc. I have a S&W model 25, 4-inch barrel I want to see what it'll do. Rem 2 1/2 primer, 7.6 gr 231, should be a pretty accurate load.

4921 - 4938 of 4938 Posts