1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're BOTH neccessary because of the incognizant and mindless savages inhabiting this country.

Some of us promote a "reasonable and considerate" level of health and safety without being told. We are responsible and respectful.

I'm sick of getting punished for those that continuously make poor decisions.

The chronologically experienced will most likely ignore this or remind me not to get my panties in a bunch over the bad-apples 🙂

Either way our liberties are getting FUBAR

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
I take offense at those who seek to reduce/eliminate 2A rights. I've heard their points of view, and wholly reject them as unconstitutional and meriting responses that perhaps aren't appropriate for a family friendly forum.

In regard to efforts to control Covid-19, which is hopefully a short term problem, I'm willing to hear both sides of a debate, including views of those more knowledgeable about infectious diseases and controls over their spread.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I take offense at those who seek to reduce/eliminate 2A rights. I've heard their points of view, and wholly reject them as unconstitutional and meriting responses in that perhaps aren't family friendly.

In regard to efforts to control Covid-19, which is hopefully a short term problem, I'm willing to hear both sides of a debate, including views of those more knowledgeable about infectious diseases and controls over their spread.
Well said!

·
Registered
758 Posts
face masks = a get out of jail free card for criminals. That's all.

The corona thing? if you can smell a fart, your mask is worthless.

It's 110% about undermining Trump, that is all. All of this.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm willing to hear both sides of a debate
One side is that even if N95 masks were required, a mask is not adequate protection alone. It should be used in conjunction with eye covering as well but that's not even being recommended by "those more knowledgeable about infectious diseases".
Therefore, like most gun control, its NOT doing a damn bit of measurable good. Sure seeing people with masks on gives one a false sense of safety.

Whats another side to this?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm willing to hear both sides of a debate
One side is that even if N95 masks were required, a mask is not adequate protection alone. It should be used in conjunction with eye covering as well but that's not even being recommended by "those more knowledgeable about infectious diseases".
Therefore, like most gun control, its NOT doing a damn bit of measurable good. Sure seeing people with masks on gives one a false sense of safety.

The ‘other side’ is consideration of others. You’re approaching this like many do, the ‘it’s about me’ line of thought.

If you’re infected, it’s entirely possible even a simple mask may help you keep it to yourself.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Face masks don’t protect anyone from contracting a virus. They’re meant to help stop asymptotic carriers from infecting people around them in public.
I’m not thrilled with wearing a mask but if I want to keep working, keep my project moving forward, & my crews healthy it seems like a very simple way to get through this.
It’s not about YOU, it’s about showing people you come in contact with some respect.

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
I am seeing a large percentage of folks wearing their mask over the mouth only. I have not seen any messages in/on the media addressing this. The uptick in Covid cases has not addressed the protesters but blames the bars. Better get the toilet paper again!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wear a mask because my grand parents taught me (60 years ago) to be considerate of others.

For those of you who demand your “rights”, if I am a carrier, I do not want to pass along the virus to others.

Also, I have medical issues so I am more prone to disease.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
What a perfect analogy. Band-aid, feel-good gun control measures and band-aid, feel good Covid 19 procedures. According to the Stanford University study and the U of Alabama study, the masks that people are wearing are all too porous to contain Covid's microscopic particles, those particles that infect and spread. Even the Gov't mandated N-95 masks will only contain/block a very small percentage of the virus.

Unless you're an experienced surgeon, and exceptionally familiar with the relationship between hand washing. sterilizing equipment, and facial mask protocols, the civilian populace's wearing of masks does nothing to protect anyone from anything. It's a feel-good, BS, statement of compliance. Somebody's dirty old, cloth mask that they've been wearing for a week is not protecting anyone from anything, and if anything, is less sterile than not wearing a mask. It may look like one is considerate of others, but that cloth mask is not blocking or doing anything to contain Covid 19. It works about as well as defunding your Police department to contain crime and restore law and order.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What a perfect analogy. Band-aid, feel-good gun control measures and band-aid, feel good Covid 19 procedures. According to the Stanford University study and the U of Alabama study, the masks that people are wearing are all too porous to contain Covid's microscopic particles, those particles that infect and spread. Even the Gov't mandated N-95 masks will only contain/block a very small percentage of the virus.

Unless you're an experienced surgeon, and exceptionally familiar with the relationship between hand washing. sterilizing equipment, and facial mask protocols, the civilian populace's wearing of masks does nothing to protect anyone from anything. It's a feel-good, BS, statement of compliance. Somebody's dirty old, cloth mask that they've been wearing for a week is not protecting anyone from anything, and if anything, is less sterile than not wearing a mask. It may look like one is considerate of others, but that cloth mask is not blocking or doing anything to contain Covid 19. It works about as well as defunding your Police department to contain crime and restore law and order.
This ^^^
Well said. It has nothing to do with health and everything to do with compliance. It’s a a test run to see how far the citizens will allow the government to reach under false pretenses, just like the patriot act after 9/11. We’re so fearful of the unknown and have lost the ability to think for ourselves that we willingly hand over our rights as Americans for the promise of security, false though it may be.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
Thank you!
Absolutely correct, and what in the world is this courteous crap? I wear one when I’m forced because the cops will be called if I don’t. Being courteous by following a futile procedure just makes everyone look stupid. It’s the same concept as the guy that they show wiping down a railing at Six Flags. Then 1000 people drag their hands over it, and dude disinfects it again. People drive around with their mask on and they are the only ones in the car! Nursing homes with the highest level of protection against this crap continue to fail. Sorry, Bubba with the bandana isn’t doing anything. All of these chemicals used for “disinfecting” everything are a complete waste. It’s there, it’s real, and the only way to protect yourself is to 100% quarantine. That, or minimize the odds by selective exposure.....a mask is a useless part of the CDC toolkit of ideas to give the public to make them think they are safe.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts

Dood, you just totally contradicted your opening post. Make up your mind so I can figure out your position.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts