1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I picked up my 1911s. Attached are my two Colts.

Top is a parkerized Series 80 Colt 1911 Government model. It was given to me from my dad as-is, after he traded off a pistol to a friend that he no longer used. I don't know how old it is or anything. It does have a two piece full length guide rod and Pachmayr Signature Grips and one factory magazine. It's a great shooter!

Bottom is my brushed stainless steel Series 70 Colt 1911 Government model that I purchased new in December of 2004 for $875 from Gerbig Firearms online. I added the Pachmayr Signature Grips soon after getting this pistol, I love the way they felt on my Series 80. I also had to replace the recoil spring with a Wolff spring because I was having spent rounds getting caught in ejection. The spring fixed that 100%. I also had to replace the rear sight with a new factory sight after an "accident".

What I'm getting at is, is there anything special or unique about either of these pistols? Until last weekend, I hadn't fired a shot with either of them since mid-2005. Time flies.

Does Colt make a parkerized finish Series 80 anymore?

Has much changed with the Series 70 pistols since 2004?

Attachments

·
Administrator
79,846 Posts
You've got two nice pistols. However there's nothing particularly special about them. The Parkerized ORM 1991 morphed into a matte blued version, then into the brush-blued NRM guns, but there are a lot of ORM .45s still out there. The stainless S70 hasn't changed at all except for a titanium firing pin.

·
Administrator
79,846 Posts
Call Colt's customer sevice at 1-800-962-COLT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.