1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't find ANYTHING ANYWHERE on the web showing the Premier II in the Commanche size.
The pistol was ordered at the 1999 SHOT Show. I has less than 50 rounds down the pipe,
looks new in the original box, with papers, accessories and was ordered with 2 additional magazines.
Can any of you experts give me any background on a Premier II Commanche?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,077 Posts
Looks very interesting, I have certainly not seen one. I’m sure some others with more Baer knowledge than I can shed some light on it and I’ll be interested in learning some more about it, too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
What would you like to know?

In les Baer speak, a Comanche is a commander size, all steel pistol. That serial number should mean that it was made in Hillsdale, a little more desirable. It’s probably very accurate and may not slingshot. At that age, the night sights are probably dead.

Less than $2k would be a good buy.

Baers tend to be polarizing. It’s not very refined for a pistol in that price range. For us fans, the style and accuracy is what we keep coming back for.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Too heavy to carry,
There are many here myself included that would disagree with you on that point. Heck I've been known to carry a Government model. Back in the mid 70's during my LE days I carried a Combat Commander 365 days a year. I would guess that since this is a 1911 forum and based on others post I am not alone. Now if you are just speaking for yourself then I apologize, I have no way of knowing your physical condition.

·
Super Moderator
7,077 Posts
There are many here myself included that would disagree with you on that point. Heck I've been known to carry a Government model. Back in the mid 70's during my LE days I carried a Combat Commander 365 days a year. I would guess that since this is a 1911 forum and based on others post I am not alone. Now if you are just speaking for yourself then I apologize, I have no way of knowing your physical condition.
I agree, I carry an all steel 4” .45 98% of the time. 1% a smaller gun and 1% an all steel 5”.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Being a 5'4" circus midget...I'm not even comfortable carrying a SA Micro Compact, much less a Commander or full size 1911.
Even sub compact striker fired pistols tend to imprint on my small frame.
It's usually a Glock 43 or Glock 26 that go out into the world with me - embarrassing to admit on a 1911 forum.
Always wanted to try a SA 911 though.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Too heavy Light enough to carry, which is what Commanders were designed for not good enough for anything else. $1750. Baer's reputation keeps declining with what he's putting out these days for those who don't know any better and that doesn't help the used market. Hillsdales are highly desirable and it looks unfired and uncarried. Any price <$2k is a steal.
FIFY

1 - 20 of 22 Posts