1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has probabally been asked and answered many times, but I am new here and just wanted to know. I have my CHL and usually carry a Springfield XD in the .45acp. I do, however carry my new Taurus 1911 or one of my old Colt 1911s, all .45s, of course. What do yall prefer????:) :)

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I now carry my fullsize Parkerized Springfield GI .45. It is 100% reliable. On the rare occasion that I should desire to carry my other 1911, it`s a fullsize S&W Stainless in .45.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I may carry one of a few depending where I am going,,, What is appropiate to wear in the dentests office? I carry a pocket .25 or the Keltec P3at in similar situations,,
Mostly I carry one of these.
Smith revolver. 340 sc- 12 oz of 357 magnum,

or A colt,45. eather the commander or the officers.

With no matter what I am carrying, I want to feel safe and confidant that it will work each and every time! The revolver will always work no matter what, well past when the auto will stop working,A Revolver is very good for heavy crowds, can be used in pocket. ect, But I hate big crouds, So I wont be there anyway.
Carry what feels comfortable for you! Mentally and physically.
PB

·
Registered
673 Posts
been a 45 guy for years but any more i carry with me all the time my little sp101 ruger.if i bang it up its no big deal

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
I bought a beautiful DW CBOB yesterday. No more going out under gunned. Too pretty to scuff up though, need to learn how to carry it. I've been carrying either an NAA Guardian .380 or throw away P3AT. The Guardian is too nice to scuff too, but in thunderwear that doesn't happen. I guess people carry 1911's in thunderwear too, I wonder how that works.

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
Usually this one, unless I need smaller, when I go to a bobtailed Kimber Pro SLE set up the same way, or my Brown Kobra Carry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice shooters, all. I rarely carry a wheel gun, but sometimes when I'm out walking in my sweat pants I'll poke my little SP101 in my pocket. Mostly I'm a big Springfield XD or 1911 guy. I'm a big man, so concealing a big pistola is no problem. :rock: :rock: :) :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Right now, I'm carrying this for out-in-public

My work (woods) carry is this, in a safepacker

And sometimes, just for fun, I carry this

·
Registered
534 Posts
A SA TRP. It goes with me everywhere I can carry.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
I'm carrying a SS Series 80 Colt Government Model in a Milt Sparks VM II. Off-side is an extra mag. and Surefire 6P in a Mitch Rosen SOS.
This is all on a Beltman 1 1/2" belt. Ammo. is WWB 230 JHP.
I'm 5'8" and about 170 and at the age where my son sometimes calls me "Pop's" (From a distance:dope: ).

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I carry 5" 1911's with 2 spare mags, CRK M-16 knife, Sheffield utility knife, Scorpion (60 lumens) flashlight and a cell phone.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts