1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about this one,,,

What do you do on the job, or what is your current assignement?

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I had been running the violent crimes unit. It was a five year assignment. I am now back in patrol on dayshift. (Thank goodness, cause I can't stand the thought of working nights anymore)

·
In Memoriam
683 Posts
I'm currently serving as the civil process officer for our agency. All Deputies are supposed to serve process, but I'm the only one who does it full time. This is partly because the Patrol Deputies are too busy running to calls and writing reports to get many papers served, but I suspect that it is also partly because the Sheriff feels that I'm getting a little too old, and have had too many health problems for regular patrol duties.

My secondary assignment is as the firearms isntructor for the Sheriff's Office, and officers from two smaller towns in our county also attend our training, as they have no certified firearms instructor of their own.
Unless the Sheriff changes his mind, when the next training year begins on 01 July, I will be assigned as the Training Officer, responsible for scheduling and record keeping for ALL the training for our agency, and for teaching some of the in-service classes, of which firearms training will be a part. This should still be my seondary assignment.

------------------
Roger Shambaugh
Ottawa, Kansas

·
Registered
287 Posts
I work nights in the uniform patrol division. I don' really have a specialty, but drug interdiction is my stock and trade.

good shootin', gf

·
Registered
82 Posts
Narcotics, mostly the nastier chemical kinds.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've done a little of everything, but currently criminal investigation.

------------------
"Sic Semper Tyrannus"

·
Registered
94 Posts
For most of my career I was entry team leader on the swat team. Currently departmental armorer and firearm instructor

·
Registered
144 Posts
Currently, I am the anchor at the end of the leash of my Narcotics Detector Dog!It is my favorite assignment to date.I get paid to play with a dog!WOOHOO!

·
Registered
370 Posts
for those that replied, how big are your depts? (how many officers)

------------------
Caspian frame + Colt parts = Col-spian? or Cas-olt?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Black Pearl 45, Overall nationwide our officers number in the thousands.My division of Canine Enforcement is just over 500 officers agency wide.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have been a Patrol Deputy now for ten years . I answer domestic , burglary and the whole gamut of calls . I also work on the side building Wilson Combat holsters at the Rafter S Gunleather business .

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have been a Police Chief since 1991. Prior to that I was a Deputy Chief and before that a Captain, LT, Sgt and patrolman. I was the patrol division Sgt on night shift for a long time. I also worked SWAT for almost 7 years and I have been a FBI trained and POST certified LEO Firearms Instructor. In fact I have maintained all of my armorers and firearms instructor certifications since becoming chief. I am going back in August for recertification as an FBI LEO Firearms Instructor. I have other firearms instructors who do now do the job, but I still like to know what is going on in various areas of our profession and what better way than knowing as much as they do about their jobs.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

·
Registered
71 Posts
Evening shift Patrol and SWAT team squad leader.
We have about 175 Deputies. Only 35 of those on Patrol. The rest work courts,civil process, CID and jail.

·
Registered
252 Posts
400 officers + or - a few..I've worked the uniformed gang team for 4 years and a SWAT team member. Very busy city!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm a state investigator. I currently work for a small agency and conduct criminal and administrative investigations inside state hospitals, so I'm not armed on duty, only off-duty.

Prior to that, I was a criminal intelligence investigator for a state agency and conducted illegal gaming and OC investigations.

Before that, I did fraud and licensing investigations for another state agency.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've repaired the air conditioning system at the police dept. a couple times, does that count?!

------------------
"Always place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark"
Lazarus Long

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by gumshoe4:
I'm a state investigator. I currently work for a small agency and conduct criminal and administrative investigations inside state hospitals, so I'm not armed on duty, only off-duty.

Prior to that, I was a criminal intelligence investigator for a state agency and conducted illegal gaming and OC investigations.

Before that, I did fraud and licensing investigations for another state agency.
NOW That's an oymoron... Criminal Intelligence... Bet your investigations didn't go very far once you found out they weren't intelligent...

And how'd you get into the "Illegal Gaming"? I thought the state frowned on that sort of thing

1 - 20 of 41 Posts