1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Found an early smith model 37 at a local shop the other day, It was blued air weight with flat latch and pinned barrel,, 1 7/8 barrel J frame 38,, They were asking $275 for that one,
Cant shoot +Ps, But good deal.
PB
Taurus I too would pass it up 10 times

·
Registered
613 Posts
Constantine-p89 said:
I too would pass. Taurus warranty/repair service is beyond bad. I would much rather buy a quality S+W revolver with outstanding warranty service then a second rate copy for a few dollars less.

·
Administrator
13,321 Posts
I have dealt with Taurus(or most major gun companies) more than most members would in a lifetime . I don't have a big problem with their service . They do ok most of the time . I'm sure they drop the ball occasionally , but that can happen with any company . I know first hand .

In the case of the 82 , you should be able to buy a new one for maybe $25 more than the pawn shop is asking . Should be $200-225 . imo

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pred66 said:
Found an early smith model 37 at a local shop the other day, It was blued air weight with flat latch and pinned barrel,, 1 7/8 barrel J frame 38,, They were asking $275 for that one,
Cant shoot +Ps, But good deal.
PB
Taurus I too would pass it up 10 times
It's not a snubby man, heres a picture for you guys, just the pic though since im getting it at the local pawn. It is in the box it came with so its not in bad shape and it still has the orange cylinder insert duhicky....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=86539950#PIC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts