1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of purchasing a 38 Super pistol. What do you think of the 38 Super? Is it accurate? Is it easy to load? In what events would you use the 38 Super? Thanks in advance.

Bruce

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can use the .38 super in IDPA enhanced division and IPSC Limited. (In IPSC though you will automatically be scored at minor. .40 is the minimum caliber for major.)

.38 super is easy to load and one heck of a great caliber. What kind of gun is it? A single stack or a wide body? Who made it? Give me a call if I can help you out with your decision.
480-949-1553

Best of luck!

------------------
Matt Burkett
http://www.mattburkett.
com

·
Registered
323 Posts
The 38 Super is common in IPSC Open Class. Major power factors are recognized there for that round. However, this is the "race gun" class, competition would be quite stiff for an unmodified gun.

IPSC Production class would accept the round and score it as minor, but single action guns cannot compete in Production. I don't remember seeing a DA or DA/SA 38 Super before, so that's probably out.

It can be accurate and it is easy to load. The brass is a little pricey.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by WalterMitty:
...I don't remember seeing a DA or DA/SA 38 Super before, so that's probably out...
Though probably not very common today, the Sig P220 <i>was</i> chambered in the Super and 9mm in addition to .45acp.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Witness is also offered in 38 super and for 150.00 each you can have other caliber conversions(complete top ends). DR Middlebrooks competes with a witness in 9mm and so does the 14 year old Daniel Horner(youngest Master in IDPA). The 38 super can be converted to .45,10mm I think.

[This message has been edited by jm9x23 (edited 10-29-2001).]

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I owned a Colt Series 70 in .38 Super once. It was a great gun, with superb accuracy.

However, I sold it in order to pay for higher education. That, and a Browning High Power, a Colt M1908, an SKB over-and-under..........

(I sure wish I had those guns back!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts