1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
Premature gray like me. Give him his turn now, Rob. We wanna see what a Toner Guy looks like too! ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rob,
The "tonerguy" I spoke with a couple weeks ago while ordering a new holster sounded, well, a bit more mature. :)
BTW, I am looking forward to my new fully lined cover up holster.
Mike

·
Vendor
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a T-2 Buckeye used in basic jet training at the time. I flew it as a student and then as a flight instructor after I got my wings. You could strap a gun pod on it for strafing or shooting a towed banner.

I later went on to fly A7 Corsair II's and spent a year in the Med aboard the Kennedy. 300 traps, 2,000 hours, beaucoup instrument hours and too many night traps.

I was in from November '67 to Feb '73.

·
Registered
112 Posts
well tucker looks almost as though i pictured him in my minds eye.
Toner- well, you is most ol as me, an i never would have thought that. ya sound younger.
be back with ya when xmas is paid fer.
blessings

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rob,
Glad to hear I'll have something under the tree this year...usually I'm buying guns and stuff throughout the year and they never coincide with Christmas.
Thanks for all your help.
Mike

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's a good shot, Rob.

BTW I'm liking my Heritage, which you helped me find at a place that had them in stock when you didn't. That's about the best service I've ever gotten from anyone. I consider myself a loyal customer of yours even though I haven't bought anything from you! (I'll fix that soon as the need arises though.)

Muchas gracias.

·
Vendor
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maxer51tx said:
That's a good shot, Rob.

BTW I'm liking my Heritage, which you helped me find at a place that had them in stock when you didn't. That's about the best service I've ever gotten from anyone. I consider myself a loyal customer of yours even though I haven't bought anything from you! (I'll fix that soon as the need arises though.)

Muchas gracias.
Thanks very much! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
WOW, the image you get over the phone and the image that presents itself with a photo is very different. I just talked to Tonerguy the other day as I ordered some new leather. So far, the personal service has been great, and I am looking forward to receiving my new holster(got a bit carried away as I usually don't go for fancy) but, this ought to be real nice, as far as I'm concerned.

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
Kinda sorta looks like Sam Elliot.:eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts