1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
4,533 Posts
Hello B2112....
Combat Elite: Carbon steel blue slide, Stainless steel frame. Commander hammer, 1911 style plastic trigger (long), 1911 style plastic mainspring housing (flat). Lowered and scalloped ejection port. Commander style grip safety, rubber wrap around pebbled grips with silver Colt medallion. Three dot fixed high profile sights, or , adjustable sights (depending on year produced). 45 or 38 Super caliber. Stainless barrel and barrel bushing, stainless magazine. Vertical slide serrations. Gold Cup style frame (vertical serrations on front of frame grip.)Bevelled magazine well.
Regards,
Sam

[This message has been edited by SamColtFan (edited 09-11-2001).]

· Registered
981 Posts
THe very first Combat Elites had round top, fixed sites, PRE enhanced frame, and spur hammers. They quickly went to the commander hammer, then eventually adjustable site, then enhanced frame/slide.

I have one of the early round top/pre enhanced/spur hammer pistols. I just purchased it so dont know how it shoots etc... Ive always wanted to get a "pre enhanced" model and finally found one at a good price....patience paid off in this case.

· Registered
526 Posts
Mine too is one of the first, with the rounded top, spur hammer, pre-enhanced, etc. It's the one that had the crack in the breech face that DSK was kind enough to post the photos of for me a while back. Sent it back to Colt last week to get their opinion of what could be done to remedy the problem. Cindy called me today, said they got it, appraised the situation, and should have it back to me in roughly 15 days, repaired, at no cost. I can't wait to see how it looks when it gets back home. I'll let you know how it went.

You know, that's an example of the Colt company that my great uncle was proud to be a part of for so many years...

Mikey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.