1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never owned one of their .45s, but they 'appeared' to have a nice product at a good price.

------------------
A man has got to know his limitations.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this myself. My dealer currently has one that has bomar style sights, ambi safety, beavertail, and some other bells and whistles, all of which look like quality parts. Anyone have any experience with one of these guns?

·
Banned
546 Posts
Never had or shot one. I do know "Gun Tests" tore em up for being Jamamatics. I seen in the shotgun news that Sarco had some of there parts leftovers as they went under. Seconds quality frames for 50 bucks. The only one I ever got to actually examine looked ok and the frame said A.P.I. on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What happened to Brolin Arms 1911

I own a Brolin Arms 1911 Gold series. I have had it for several years and it fires extremely well. I paid $400.00 for it with no regrets. It has custom wood handgrips, Mitchell adjustable windage and elevation sites, ambidextrious safety, beavertail trigger, custom trigger, and more.
<read the foum rules regarding sales of firearms> I am very happy with it. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I believe Brolin Arms were made in Michigan(?)

·
Registered
809 Posts
I had one of their compact models. I didn't care for the cone barrel and guide rod setup and eventually traded it off. Not a bad gun, just one of those that wasn't a keeper.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Weren't they actually made overseas, by two brothers named Lin? I heard that's where the name came from (BROthers LIN). The few I remember seeing seemed nice enough but not quite up to Springfield or Smith quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts