1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article in "Guns&Weapons For Law Enforcment" Sept 2000 that made me curious. It stated that the "Swift Response" pistol customized by Les Baer was like a "temperamental Hollywood starlet and required lots of attention and became high maintenance and reliability headaches". Steve Nastoff was brought in to save the marriage between Les Baer and FBI. They said that "upper end parts were replaced with sturdier versions and other changes were accomplished to get the pistols running properly". It states that "stronger Wolf springs replaced the original Para Ordanance springs but it doesn't say what parts in the upper end needed replaced with sturdier parts and why. Does anyone know which parts need replaced or have any knowledge on this supject matter? I have 2 Les Baer .45s and have never needed any sturdier parts after several thousands of rounds but the article left me wondering. Sorry about the "test" subject i didn't want to type this twice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I believe they were talking about the FBI's HRT pistol that was built on a para-ordnance frame. They were having mainly magazine problems. If you have one of their regular pistols, then there is nothing wrong with it, nor any parts that need to be replaced.

[This message has been edited by EOS1D (edited 11-15-2001).]

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Relax...Apples and oranges...Don't start screwin' with it...Especially if it's still workin'!!!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have the urge to tamper with my Baer guns. I would just like to known more about what happened with the Baer/Para HRT gun and what was needed to make them run right. Its a learning thing and nothing more. I'm a firm beleiver in "If it ain't broke don't fix it" . These guns must have had a significant flaw to cause so much hype in several magizine articles.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
As already mentioned, much was magazine releated. Double stacks caused some malfs. Note that Para does NOT have double stack mag problems now, but the skeletons in the closet don't go away very quickly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A magazine is not an "upper end part" and the Para mags were not the only problems. Please read the original post again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts