1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No sense in resisting the Dan Wesson urge. Got my Guardian in November and traded for a nice PM9 today. Gave up two less expensive 1911s for it. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather so I can shoot it! Hope it runs my 9mm handloads well.

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
Well done. It's a great handgun.

Rick

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I finally got to shoot my new PM-9 in an IDPA match on Saturday. It performed flawlessly and everyone who handled or shot it was very impressed. You should love it!

·
Registered
152 Posts
You'll love it. I certainly love mine and it shoots reloads very well. Don't know what you've got loaded but mine is really sweet with 147 grain bullets and a modest charge of Win 231.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'll love it. I certainly love mine and it shoots reloads very well. Don't know what you've got loaded but mine is really sweet with 147 grain bullets and a modest charge of Win 231.
Well, I load 115 gr bullets with a light load of Bullseye for 9mm. Hope that will move that heavy slide since I've got a bunch of it. But I love Win 231 for .45 acp.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Well, I load 115 gr bullets with a light load of Bullseye for 9mm. Hope that will move that heavy slide since I've got a bunch of it. But I love Win 231 for .45 acp.
You might need to load it a little longer for the smoothest cycling. 115gr FMJ's at 1.1" OAL are a little choppy. 147 FMJ's at 1.15" are smooth as butter.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mine likes any well made handload . Like others have said it tends to run smoother with a longer OCL
Enjoy it and good fortune
jcc7x7

·
Registered
457 Posts
I bet that you will really enjoy it. I've had mine for about a year and a half. I have shot a little over 1300 rounds through it and it runs like a sewing machine. I have tried several different factory loads from 115 to 147 grain, and reloads from 115 to 140 grains. It shoots everything that I have tried. Very accurate and just a nice gun. Mine took about a 200 round break-in period and after that smooth sailing all the way.

Dan Wesson has the 5" government size 9mm 1911 perfected.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took my PM-9 to the range for a quick sight in. It was late in the afternoon, so I didn't have much time. The shot very well and seemed okay with my mild handloads. After the first two magazines (different ones) the slide didn't lock back, but it did on all following (same two mags). I'm pleased and will go back when I have more time and the weather warms a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts