1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure I am putting a target on my back with this post. Here are some of my observations regarding various topics and responses.

The 1911 is very much alive and well.
There sure are a lot of different opinions based on the types of shooting one does.
7 round mags worked fine for decades but now unless they cost $30-50 they don't.
Folks don't shoot very far.
People worry about environmental impact of 5 drops of oil with additives.
Some are sensitive to odors of solvent.
There are lots of 'safe queens'.
Folks don't hunt much with their 1911's.
There are 453 different oils/greases that all coat the metal pretty much the same.
There are 1911's in other calibers for some reason.
You should only purchase $1000+ big name brand 1911's.
Folks worry about idiot scratches.
VM2 is the only holster that can hold a 1911.
People mostly change out parts for appearance reasons.
It is ok to buy a South American made Springfield but not other foreign made 1911's.
It is not good to use Mobil One (that protects an engine at 2000 cycles per minute for 3000 miles) in a gun that cycles 1000 times per shooting session.

Lastly....let the torch lighting and whippings begin....

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
I wanta play!!

80% of the grips purchased by the members of this forum are bought with the express idea of taking and posting pics on here.

Folks buy multiple 1911's before they learn to shoot the first one.

Owning guns is important, not being able to shoot.

Some folks seem more concerned with surviving a trial then they do surviving a gunfight.

After your 2nd 1911 purchase, your next purchase should be a reloader.

Anything over 15 yds is the purview of rifles.

How can you spend a couple grand on pistols and bitch because when you stopped at the WalMart to get your monthly 100 rd value box, the price had gone up?

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
People like strawberry jelly on there samitch more than grape. :biglaugh:

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
I wish I had been smart enuff to say all of those things because I've noticed them all in my short time here. :eek:

claire

·
Banned
2,944 Posts
I want to correct something, it is ok to buy a pistol made in south america if the MANUFACTURER stands by it. No we are not talking about buying the pistol back to make it right, but fixing it in a timely manner.

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Is having your gun made in Croatia better then having it made in South America?? :confused:

claire

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are taking a picture of your handgun it better include at least one knife, ammo scattered around the firearm, and a watch. bonus points for multiple accessory's.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Don't be TOO hard on em guys. For some those pics of their "collection" is the only outlet they have for their artistic side. lol. Besides there are some really great pics that show up.

·
Registered
373 Posts
FMJ is all you need in a .45, "They all fall to ball"

If you are not shooting the latest greatest high tech HP you will only anger your opponent.

:biglaugh:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't be TOO hard on em guys. For some those pics of their "collection" is the only outlet they have for their artistic side. lol. Besides there are some really great pics that show up.
Let me be clear. I didn't mean to put anyone down, there are some amazing pictures posted and the photography is amazing... I just noticed a theme. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
There cannot be any improvement on what John Moses Browning designed. If he would have wanted it, he would have put it in.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Mtnbikeking, no offense at all. My reply was meant as purely tongue in cheek. This thread is great.

·
Premium Member
9,046 Posts
“Folks don't hunt much with their 1911's.”

Lots of folks hunt with a 1911; you just have to remember the primary game for that particular weapons system is man.

“It is ok to buy a South American made Springfield but not other foreign made 1911's.”

Yeah.

“Owning guns is important, not being able to shoot.”

Yeah, says so in the constitution.

“People like strawberry jelly on there samitch more than grape.”

You know lots more than the other guys.

:) :biglaugh:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Condition 1 is not a proper way to carry a 1911. Maybe...

Safeties - too many, not enough, or the wrong type.

Night sights and laser grips are for wimps. Or not...

·
Registered
427 Posts
All XSE Colt's can be used for shaving implements when ammo is exhausted. Or, when there rear sight falls off, whichever 1st. :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 416 Posts