1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will i have any function issues
what if i have bad luck and use it agains someone will that put my in any trouble
what are your opinions

oh and if you know where i can get a vm2 holster cheaper than lightening arms and faster then vendor

·
Registered
480 Posts
I carried my Compact Stainless that way for a long time...zero malfunctions...no problems whatsoever! I did finally remove the Series II parts altogether though! But yes, this is a simple fix for the Series II issue.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Yes, it will work

and, no, it won't cause any breakage or gun malfs.

·
Registered
308 Posts
So wouldn't this solve all of the problems that people have with S II guns? I mean, if you are actually having those specific problems, why not just swap out the pins and be done with it? It seems like it would solve all of the problems. There must be some sort of downside???

·
Registered
70 Posts
FedDC said:
So wouldn't this solve all of the problems that people have with S II guns? I mean, if you are actually having those specific problems, why not just swap out the pins and be done with it? It seems like it would solve all of the problems. There must be some sort of downside???
The only downside is, if you use the gun for self defense, and actually shoot someone with it, you can be accused of 'disabling a safety device'. In some cases this can be used against you in court, and if the jury buys it, can hold it against you. It has been used in the past, and resulted in people going to jail. If you're just using it for target work, then there's no problem.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the liability. As a cop, I can tell you that you will get sued no matter what you do in a shooting. The best cure for the concern listed is just to say that it was an intentional shooting. For the failure of a safety device to come into play, the shooting would have to be unintentional. I think I may try this to circumvent the parts in my kimber. Anybody have any specific recomendations as to which firing pin to replace the kimber with.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just checked the Ed Brown web site, and only saw a firing pin for a series 70 or 80. Knowing that a series 80 works in a series 70, is this firing pin a fix, or just a replacement for the same pin in the gun?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Make sure you don't buy a Chip McCormick series 70 firing pin. It's identical to the one already in my Stainless Pro Carry II. I just wasted $8.:mad:

It won't hurt to have an extra one laying around, I guess...

I just went ahead and removed all of the firing pin safety parts from the frame and slide and put them in a little plastic bag. Seemed like a better way to address the problem(s).:p

·
Registered
360 Posts
I bought an "STI" titanium firing pin(series70)from Brownells,and an extra power firing pin spring from Wolff.So it is kinda set up like the Springfields now.I also installed a Wilson bulletprove extractor which I'll try it out tomorrow:D All this is for a Kimber TLE by the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts