1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would happen if the slide stop worked it's way out while firing?

I ask mainly 'cause I have one that works itself loose, and while I have a new one on order, I'm wondering how safe it would be to shoot?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Drew said:
Had that happen to an auto ordinance 1911, it didn't work it's way out, but far enough that it locked up the pistol. I did the normal tap rack drill to no avail, then realized the stop was halfway out, pulled the slide back a little and popped the slide stop back in... I have a new one on order, (but since this gun is just a plinker, I'm not too concerned...

Hmmm, my problem is with an auto ordinance too

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jim Keenan said:
The slide stop is made (or is supposed to be made) so that it cannot come out except at the very small half moon cut intended for removal. It will not come out in normal firing unless it or the slide is defective. And no, the slide stop is not intended to be kept in by the slide stop plunger, and no, it is not necessary to cut a dimple in the slide stop. It is only necessary to buy a gun from someone who knows how to make the pieces right.

Jim
Thanks for the info Jim, I appreciate it. But what actually happens if the slide stop comes out while firing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.