1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This seems to be another thing that separates the Limited Match from the others. Is this done by hand? Just curious.

I have a 1999 (I think) Ltd Match, and never noticed this feature, even comparing it to my National Match Hardball.

I'll have to look more closely now...

Thanks for the response, always happy to give Chuck a laugh!

·
Registered
618 Posts
borders

We just made the french or "freedom borders" standard on the Limited Matches. Checkering under and in front of the trigger guard is supposed to be a standard now, but the catalog printer screwed up and didn't print it. So, if any of you out there are ordering a Limited Match, request the checkering of the trigger guard if you want this option on your pistol.

I set up the slide after final polishing in a bridgeport mill and indicate the slide and position it perfectly horizontal in the vise (not an easy task at times) and then use a thread cutting tool with a fine point insert to dress out the radius/flat "corner" with a fine line...they look very sharp when done.

There you go.

Bob

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Limited Match is in the works (the twin to your other Body Cote pistol). Does it have this treatment? Anything to make it special :) !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts