1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good Electronic Ear Muff to buy?

Are the Peltor Tactical 7 Muffs a good one?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think those are the same as the Dillon HP1's which I own...They are terriffic I think you will really like them...Got mine for 130.00 and they are well worth the price....

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Peltor Tactical 6s are similar to the Dillons. Both cost about $135. The Tactical 7 (about $180) has more bulbous ear pieces and is powered by single 9V on one side. The Tac 6s and the Dillons have AAA batteries in each muff. A friend of mine has both the Peltor Tac 6 and the Dillon and he prefers the Dillon. He says that the "clipping" effect is less pronounced. I just ordered a set of the Dillons myself.
Bill Go

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use the Pro Ears Dimension 1 series of electronic hearing protection. Absolutely no clipping, very comfortable and natural sounding. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Had some Pro Ears and got rid of them for some Wolf ears. Better sound, no clipping.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wolf Ears have some significant refinements in regards to clipping and sound acquisition. Wolf Ears seemed to be ignored by most, but they are outstanding. I believe their slightly higher price and limited distribution are to blame.

·
Registered
43 Posts
all right guys I looked all over the internet but can't seem to find a spot to buy those wolf ears, could someone please point me in the right direction... do they have a website?

Matt

·
Registered
633 Posts
I just received my Wolf Ears and had a couple of questions for anyone that also has Wolf Ears.

(1) Is there a Left and Right side to the Wokf Ears? In other words, does it matter if the ear muff that has the control/switch is on my left ear or my right ear? I tried both ways and it didn't seem to matter but I was just wondering.

(2) Just WHAT does the AMP do versus just having the switch turned to "on"?

(3) The ears have little "plugs" that you remove to adjust the gain (on or off???). I took out one of the plugs and am confused from that point on. Just how do you adjust the gain and how do you know if it's "on" or "off".

Thanks for any info you might have. I really like this product (although it was expensive) but I'm just a little confused on how they work (or how I should have them set when at the indoor range).

By the way, you can get the Wolf Ears from Armor of New Hampshire (Ayoob) for $259 or directly from Gentex for $249.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Another vote for Pro Ears Dimension 1. I've worn Wolf Ears, and they are good, but I went with Pro Ears.

regards

·
Registered
633 Posts
Here's an email from Gentex. In another email Mike told me that they would also give a 10 day money back guarantee like Armor of New Hampshire/ Massad Ayoob does. Hope this helps.

To:
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 3:01 PM
Subject: Wolf Ears

The current cost for Wolf ears is $249.00 each They are in stock.
Please call me with any questions..
Kevin Mikes
516-490-2362

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
RMARK,

The Gentel Wolf Ears are at the top of the Electronic Ear Muff industry. Not only do they offer ear protection but they also have a built in amplifier that can make the sound of people walking on carpet sound like gravel. All said and done they're not cheap--However you get what you pay for.

Regards,

Craig

1 - 18 of 18 Posts