1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a Springfield 1911 at a pawn shop with F1 Brazil stamped into it and do not have a clue what it means. The serial number is N316979 and the asking price is $525. It is blue and seems to be in good shape. When was it manufactured and is that a fair price? :confused:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
the FI brazil means that it is made in brazil. most springfields are made there, its not a big deal unless your one of the guys that wont buy a " non american" gun. they are still good quality pistols.

is it parked or polished blue?

i cant tell ya what model it is just from the serial #, someone else on here can im sure.

the basic GI45 models are about 499 new, but if its a milspec or loaded than thats not a bad price if its in good shape.

hopefully someone else will give you more info.

the made in brazil doesnt bother me, i love mine. like i said, springer makes some damn fine weapons.

russel
SDMF

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
"FI" (the letter, not a number)
Fabricated In
Sorry to burst your bubble, but your explanation is incorrect.

FI actually stands for Fábrica de Armas in Itajubá, which was originally a government-owned arms factory in Brazil. IMBEL assumed control over all state-owned arms facilities in 1975.

The Itajubá factory began producing a domestic copy of the .45 cal. Colt M1911A1 pistol in 1965.

As far as the Brazil marking, that simply stands for Brazil. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found a Springfield 1911 at a pawn shop with F1 Brazil stamped into it and do not have a clue what it means. The serial number is N316979 and the asking price is $525. It is blue and seems to be in good shape. When was it manufactured and is that a fair price? :confused:
Did you buy it?

-The Future

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts