Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...The bull's eye?

OK, being serious now. I'm shooting this gun more accurately than I've shot most, if not all, of the guns I've owned since I can remember. It really seems as though it shoots itself. I'm wondering if it is a combination of the series 70 trigger and the checkering? It's really scaring me because I'm not doing anything differently than I do with all my other autos. Yes, the rail gun and CQBP are amazing... but this Clapp is haunted. :rock:

·
Registered
174 Posts
...The bull's eye?

OK, being serious now. I'm shooting this gun more accurately than I've shot most, if not all, of the guns I've owned since I can remember. It really seems as though it shoots itself. I'm wondering if it is a combination of the series 70 trigger and the checkering? It's really scaring me because I'm not doing anything differently than I do with all my other autos. Yes, the rail gun and CQBP are amazing... but this Clapp is haunted. :rock:
Sweet!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I just wonder how Mr. Clapp feels about having his name disrespected by the constant references to a venereal disease?

You guys need to grow up.:mad:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I just wonder how Mr. Clapp feels about having his name disrespected by the constant references to a venereal disease?

The politically correct police are one the case!!! It's sad day when you have to worry about offending people on a gun forum with a small comment of humor..

On to the topic on hand I believe the guys are correct that the sights probably have the largest influence on the accuracy but the checkering sure doesn't hurt!!

·
Registered
174 Posts

I'm sure that he's heard it all. In my experience it's "consider the source", as my last name is open to juvenile comments as well. This is a serious 1911 Forum and should be treated as such, and enjoyed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The politically correct police are one the case!!! It's sad day when you have to worry about offending people on a gun forum with a small comment of humor..

On to the topic on hand I believe the guys are correct that the sights probably have the largest influence on the accuracy but the checkering sure doesn't hurt!!
Is the checkering as "locked in" and as comfortable as it looks?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has nothing to do with political correctness, and everything to do with maturity, respect and common decency.
Three human attributes that are completely lost on most people today.
Oh, I'm not sorry. Did I offend you? :bawling:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have had a very similar experience with the clapp.

I think it is partly due to the wider notch on the rear sight.
You know, I didn't even think about that. That's a very good point. Something is definitely different because I am NOT as good a shot as this gun would make one think. I'm also thinking the checkering might be partly responsible as well. I bitched and complained like a little pu$$y about that checkering initially... but I think it helps my grip. I own and have owned checkered 1911's, but the Clapp seems to be a bit different. I pull my targets down and think: "Damn... was that really me?" :eek:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
How can you tell that by just looking at two pictures?
What about his children and other people with the same last name?
Would you want your family name referenced like that on the internet?

I've come to expect a higher maturity level from this website.
I just hope guys like you don't ruin that expectation.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts

My first thought was why it took so long for these kinds of threads. But I didn't bother to do a search to see if there was a spate of these a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
My first thought was why it took so long for these kinds of threads. But I didn't bother to do a search to see if there was a spate of these a few years ago.
No, it's a recent issue. I guess it's because school is out and high school kids have nothing better to do.
And it's indicative of the lack of respect that the younger generation has for anything of real value, like a person's name and reputation.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Geesh, it's not like he was saying Mr. Clapp is a kiddy raper or something. I think he was just trying to be a little humorous here on the forum.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
No, it's a recent issue. I guess it's because school is out and high school kids have nothing better to do.
And it's indicative of the lack of respect that the younger generation has for anything of real value, like a person's name and reputation.
Do high schoolers even know what "the clap" is these days? I figured anyone who used that term would be somewhat older.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do high schoolers even know what "the clap" is these days? I figured anyone who used that term would be somewhat older.
Yeah, isn't it belly-laughingly funny how the perpetually offended "mature" crowd in this forum doesn't even know the difference between the "Clapp" and the "Clap". Alzheimer's perhaps? Or maybe they just need a stiff regimen of Metamucil? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.