1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Info please. What is the bore of my 1911MS slide so that I can get a new bushing. I don't have access to caliphers. Thank you.

Glocky

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
What bushing are you looking at that requires slide dimensions?

I've never needed a measurement for a bushing, although my EB barrels come with one, and the rest are NM bushings that are oversized.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there Walking Point. My Charles Daly pistol's barrel bushing has worn deep grooves in the part that fits inside the front of the slide. I have had a difficult time trying to find a replacement (other than factory) to fit. Many of the web sites (like Brownell's) wants the inside dimension of the hole in the slide. Another consideration has been the short overall length of the bushing. A gunsmith sold me a bushing that fits really good and tight but it is the wrong overall length. He said it is easy to cut it down to fit. He only charged me $15 for it. I think I can do it without too much trouble. Anyway, he said that if I mess it up he will do it for me and give me another bushing free. I would have to just wait about 30 days so he can catch up on his other work first.

Glocky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts