1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a Kimber Custom Classic. Now I am noticing posts which mention the Kimber Custom Classic II. Anyone know the skinny?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by Zip06:
I have recently purchased a Kimber Custom Classic. Now I am noticing posts which mention the Kimber Custom Classic II. Anyone know the skinny?
I believe it's the CA drop-test version with the firing pin plunger block.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The II models have a firing pin safety, the type that allows the hammer to hit the firing pin after it has been deactivated.

In a Colt 80 Series gun, the safety is deativated when the trigger is pulled completely to the rear. That's why a lot of people prefer the 70 Series guns; the claim is the 80 Series safety adversely affects the trigger pull.

Kimber is using a similar system, but it is deactivated by depressing the grip safety and since it has nothing to do with the trigger, is said not to affect the trigger pull in any way.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Yep, milldude, that's the info I have as well.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<>> milldude, that is correct. mine has, compact II on the right side of the frame. my uc just says stainless ultra carry, the uc was pre-drop test. raspy

·
Registered
332 Posts
yes there is a rollmark stating that it's a series II. my new royal's slide has
"royal II" on it. no real diff....but it was tricky getting the slide off until i shot it yesterday...the fpb kept getting hung up on the slide. pointer: don't depress the grip safety on a series II kimber during disassembly/assembly...it will cause the little "lever" to pop outta the frame and basically "pin" the slide to the frame if you do it right, forcing you to whack the side of the slide to free it up. just a little note...good luck to all and happy shooting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts