1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a history of problems with my new Kimber ProCarry & just got it back from being fixed. New slide stop, Extractor adjust etc. My Kimber mag works 98% and my Chip Power 90% today I bought two Wilson 47D mags per the TON of responses I last got.
Put in the Kimber or Chip empty, hit the slide release it shuts. Put in the Wilsons, hit the release and it does NOTHING unless the mag is loaded then it will close. Help me I'm about to go back to Glocks!!!
BT

·
Registered
510 Posts
Your 47D's are working as designed,,, what you describe is not a problem and is addressed in the Wilson website FAQ. Why you want to drop the slide on an empty chamber confuses me,,, it's not a standard or recommended practice.

Bottom line, the slide stop is being held UP by the follower and extra power mag spring. This is not a bad thing.

------------------
Rust never sleeps

·
Registered
126 Posts
Why is it that every time I hear of someone having problems with a Wilson magazine, it is always an eight rounder?

Here is a good thread that I believe every 1911 owner should read:
http://www.pistolsmith.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1464&forum=8&16

By the way, here is the answer from Wilson:

---------------------------------------------
Why won't the slide stop drop on an empty magazine?
Typically this is caused because the magazine is new. The forward portion of the polymer follower has not rounded enough to disengage the sharp edge of the magazine. To correct this simply depress the follower with one finger and with another finger push the rear of the follower forward slightly, do this between 5 and 10 times. The slide should now drop on the empty magazine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can all those other mags and get some MECGAR mags. Good price and well made, ground flats and bright followers. I have 20 of them both full size and officers models never have a problem. If you like to spend money buy the more expensive big name gun brands but you won't beat the MECGAR!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I just purchased five MecGar magazines for my single stack 9mm STI and none of them will lock the slide open on the last round. I've never had an issue with Chip McCormick or Wilson magazines, and they do get used constantly.

·
Registered
332 Posts
yes wilson mags are the best to buy. although, my cmc are funtioninh just like them. just buy and return what doesn't work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts