1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice Cabela's Range Bag with a mystery compartment. It is the semi-circular compartment in the front:

It opens like a tray with supporting straps and the grooved foam can be removed and reinstalled with Velcro.
What do you think is the point of this compartment?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
:unsure:

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
What was the bag sold as originally? Was it sold as a purpose built range bag? I ask, because my range bag was purpose built as a range bag and most everything on or in it, has a purpose that is identifiable.

This kind of looks like a normal duffle bag, but my first though was a bag for fishing gear. Like you'd stick all your flies in the inserts and stick them in the pocket.

·
Premium Member
9,657 Posts
Range bags are often multi-purpose. I got a Bull Dog bag that I got from Midways, that I sometimes use as a camera bag, range bag, and over night bag. The only thing is I hope I don't ever leave loose ammo in it if I fly somewhere where I can't have anything firearm or ammo related.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Omelet? Perhaps........................ but I'm more inclined to go with a 'panini pocket'...... given the grill marks matching up to the grooves in the insert. Boy, the Chinese range bag makers sure think of everything!!!!!! 😁 😁 😁

Good call. I should have caught that!!

·
Premium Member
5,927 Posts
I have a nice Cabela's Range Bag with a mystery compartment. It is the semi-circular compartment in the front:

It opens like a tray with supporting straps and the grooved foam can be removed and reinstalled with Velcro.
What do you think is the point of this compartment?

Thanks.
Mine, a similar model just recently retired, that pocket held: muffs, ear plugs, monocular, spare batteries, spent brass.

Reactions: C&R Collector

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
This is why so many shooters like MilSurp ammo cans. You don't have to figure anything out. Just dump your stuff in 'em and go. :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts