1911Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

Registered
Omelet? Perhaps........................ but I'm more inclined to go with a 'panini pocket'...... given the grill marks matching up to the grooves in the insert. Boy, the Chinese range bag makers sure think of everything!!!!!! 馃榿 馃榿 馃榿
Panini pocket is quite catchy but I question if that pocket can keep them warm. Which is the sole reason for making a panini. Unless of course we over looked a usb powered panini pocket warmer on that range bag.

Premium Member
Magazine loading tray. We've all done it....loading mags and a round slips and ends up in the dirt. Load your mags over this while unfolded and the soft grooved pads catch your errant round.

Registered
Range bags are often multi-purpose. I got a Bull Dog bag that I got from Midways, that I sometimes use as a camera bag, range bag, and over night bag. The only thing is I hope I don't ever leave loose ammo in it if I fly somewhere where I can't have anything firearm or ammo related.
That happened to me about 5 years ago. Had 1 live round in my carry on bag. Tsa in Cinci missed it but the guys in Miami found it. I got the extended screening which should be called the alter boy experience.

It all ended well and I got on my flight.

Registered
I have a hard case for safety glasses that match that shape perfectly. :)

Reactions: Heavy Industries

Registered
It鈥檚 basically for whatever you want to use it for that may require extra protection, or remove the padding to create space for something else.

But, if you look at the shape of just the pouch, it鈥檚 very reminiscent of a pistol rug, which is exactly what I鈥榙 use it for.

Premium Member
I have a hard case for safety glasses that match that shape perfectly. :)
That鈥檚 the other item that I couldn鈥檛 remember: yellow, clip-on, lens covers went in there too. That poor Cabela鈥檚 bag was always stuffed to the gills with guns, ammo, magazines, a cleaning / tools kit, targets, lube, batteries, etc. Very impressive at how long it lasted under that strain.

My new, even sturdier range bag is big enough that <2/3 full, it makes me leave footprints in the range鈥檚 concrete floors.
j -;

Reactions: GoneBallistic

Registered
Shooting glasses? Cleaning supplies? Loose rounds? Your spare mag with self defense ammo for after the target session? The foam looks similar to the foam in Fly Fishing cases.

Cheers,

Tim

Premium Member
Instead I use ladies鈥 Lycra socks: they stretch over the handguns, very nearly as tightly, taking very little space; nearly as water repellent; but will sop / wick oil; great as very fine scrubbers; and much more durable.

Reactions: Levian

Registered
That was originally sold as a flyfishing bag... the front compartment is the quick access foam pad for flies used that day, or most often used flies... so you don't have to dig out other boxes to get the a new fly

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I thank all those who gave helpful suggestions as well as those who gave entertaining suggestions. The Bag was a gift so I do not know for sure what it was sold as. I am not a fisherman so I did not recognize it as a fly storage area, thanks especially for that idea.

Registered
Cabela's Deluxe Gear Bag -
Our Deluxe Gear Bag is the essential travel bag for all of your must-have gear. The rugged, water-resistant, high-denier exterior shields contents from the elements, while a large, padded main compartment protects everything from reels to cameras from bumps, scratches and dings. Three zippered exterior pockets, plus a spacious under-flap pocket ensure you have room for all of your accessories. Convenient buckle-strap closure secures rod tubes. Fold-down workstation with removable foam fly holders. Carry handle and padded, adjustable shoulder strap allow for easy transport. Imported.
11-1/2"H x 18"W x 10"D.

Registered
I agree, either extra large supreme taco holder or.. something else. Does the tag say anything? I have a couple of range bags that have explanation of every pouch on the tag. I have a Cabelas bag, but it's a larger one and it doesn't have that large supreme taco shaped pouch. And I can't find the tag for it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I agree, either extra large supreme taco holder or.. something else. Does the tag say anything? I have a couple of range bags that have explanation of every pouch on the tag. I have a Cabelas bag, but it's a larger one and it doesn't have that large supreme taco shaped pouch. And I can't find the tag for it.
No, there was no tag or any other literature with the bag when given to me as a range bag. I now think it was that deluxe gear bag described above by flechero.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts