1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion what full size pistol does Wilson currently offer that would be best for a carry weapon? And why?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I have a CQB I like really well. That being said, their best gun, according to them, is the Tactical Elite. Aside from a heavy cone barrel and some better parts, I don't know what makes this gun that much better or more expensive. Both are rated at the same 1" accuracy to 25 yards using any of the ammos Wilson suggests.

·
Banned
217 Posts
I guess it depends on your definition of "carry".

Since I carry concealed IWB constantly, the KZ45 compact is the best.

Plus the KZ series is the most reasonably priced.

------------------
Have a great day!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Based on my limited knowledge of Wilson, your carry needs and some finish issues, I'd say the KZ is "best" for carry. It's lighter, "skinnier", higher capacity, and probably more resistant to your sweaty, goat-smellin' torso!

That being said, I'm getting a stainless Protector. Why? No MIM parts and classic good looks (much like it's soon-to-be owner!
).

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like my Full Size CQB, I carry it a Milt Sparks Heritage II, a Sparks double magazine pouch and I have no problems with that arrangement all VERY GOOD EQUIPMENT!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
I'd say that the CQB and Protector lines are best suited for this purpose "out of the box" -- but then I've never had any problems while carrying a Classic, so it really is a matter of personal choice. All are worthy contenders in my book.

Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts