1911Forum banner

Would you buy one of these AR shotguns for $210?

• Yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No way.

Votes: 13 72.2%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Interesting. In my lifetime, I have bought two new Zastava Guns. Both from J and G in Arizona. The first, a Mini Mauser model 85, a 7.62 x39 with Manlicher stock. I fired it about 30-40 rounds and noticed that the safety did not work. You could chamber a round, put it on safe, pull the trigger and it would fire. I called their distributor/warranty office and they told me I was nuts. I told them I was going to sue them, they decided I was not nuts and fixed it. They said it was put together out of spec, whatever that means.

View attachment 646249
Zastava M85.. Zastava also made the Chinese double 12 the original Norinco J 2000. The one I bought lasted 10 rounds and the weld holding the forearm arm on, simply broke. Two Guns made by Zasatava and marketed by Century Arms. They are not self defense Guns, except the 12, but they should work. Worst Guns I have ever bought. Just saying, both are fixed and I love the little Mauser, just saying...

Just because Zastava is an old company does not guarantee much. I probably would never buy anything they touch....2 for 2 is pretty bad.

Well I am impressed with this new chrome barrel zpapa m70, I got the synthetic furniture as well. It shoots well. I still use the open sights and once you learn how to set those up it is not too hard to ring 8" plates at 300 yards. Not real easy either LOL.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I do not have personal experience with the zpap but know the barrel and receiver are made by Zastava and sent to Florida where the proper amount of US made parts are added and assembled so they can be sold in the US.
The NRA did a review of the zpap and rated it very highly. Here is their report.
'the major components of the rifle, including the barrel and receiver, are manufactured in Serbia and imported into the U.S., where the appropriate number of American-made parts are added for 922(r) compliance" Zastava ZPAP M70: An Authentic AK for the U.S. Market | An Official Journal Of The NRA (americanrifleman.org)

If the NRA likes it I am sure I would too.

I had just gotten interested in getting an AK and I had been reading up on them. I happened to look at the primary arms website and lo and behold they showed one of these in stock. I almost broke my hand grabbing the credit card to get it before it disappeared. This was right at the start of the covid scare in February of 2020.

I got a little lucky. But it was a great purchase and when my son gets out of the US Army it is his. He is right handed but left eye dominant and started shooting left handed at about 17 years old. He wanted a rifle that could be cycled right handed.

Anyways, it is a fine rifle and has impressed me on the platform. I'm taking it out tomorrow to shoot along with my buddys project AR-47 I have been getting to run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts