1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite is the Ultra CDP 45 or in 9mm it is the Ultra Aegis 9. Both have been 100% reliable and very accurate, especially for 3" 19lls. One or the other is my EDC. Which is your favorite Kimber? Thanks, Denns

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
I’ve owned 5 in the past and all were extremely reliable but my favorite was the Pro Raptor.

·
Registered
11,802 Posts
Pro TLE/RL, it’s one heck of a shooter. I bought it 10 years ago and I still dig the livin crap out of it.

However, Kimber’s lineup has grown exponentially in the last 10 years, so there’s allot more contenders that I’d love to test drive.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The Compact Stainless I owned about 20 years ago...it was my first 1911!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well then, out of 8 Kimbers currently in the safe (and elsewhere ;) ), my favorite(s) are my two Ultra CDP's in .45 and 9mm, both in rotation for EDC in a Milt Sparks VM2 IWB:

Both have Kimber thin smooth Micarta grips for actual concealed carry. I've learned a few things in almost 50 years of concealed carry. One of those things is that aggressive grips are dandy for the range or actual ops, but are not so great for long-term concealed carry. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Right now it has to be the Pro Carry II. I’ve had it since 2006 and carried it pretty much religiously most of that.

Recently bought a Pro TLE-RL II, but haven’t yet found a holster for it. So, it hasn’t had a chance to usurp the throne. I expect it will once I get set to carry it.

The Founding Fathers would have been shooting decades ago.

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Pro Carry II, 2 Tone in both 9mm and 45 get EDC rotation.

For punching paper Target II in 38 Super, absolute stellar performer!

For action pistol games an "accurized" Target II in 9mm with about a zillion rounds down range!

My favorite, it depends!

Smiles,

1 - 20 of 134 Posts