1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a used but not fired Series 70 repro about a month ago and if I am reading the s/n right I got one in the mid 200s. It got me curious as to what they are up to these days. I know people dont like to give their s/n's out so a round about figure will do.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Blue approx. 700.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Blue, 083x. Flat MSH, all black sights.

S.

·
Administrator
73,387 Posts
The most recent ones I've seen are in the 1200's. BTW does yours have the 100mm rail cut on the frame?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
100mm? :eek: That's a BIG cut, 4 inches.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I am giving Dana a hard time. He is talking about a cut in the frame rail for the slide stop. Mine does not have the cut.

·
Administrator
73,387 Posts
Okay smartarse. I meant 10mm rail cut.:p The first batch of new Series 70s used frames where the slide stop cutout was milled completely through, like on the 10mm Delta Elite and most other new Colts. Soon after production started the more authentic-looking D-shaped hole was reintroduced. I'm trying to find out when the cutoff was for the old/new holes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, if I am looking at the right place the answer is mine is milled through. Let me ask a stupid question though, when the gun is apart the slide stop would be the highest part of the frame on the port side basically sitting right over the safety correct? Assuming that is correct, mine has a flat slit a little bit longer than a cigarette butt is wide and tall enough that a piece of paper could barely slide through it.

As you can probably tell I am no gunsmith so if I am not looking in the right place or if I am talking about the wrong thing let me know. Ill keep her apart for awhile until I get an answer. My curiousity is peaked.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Mine is #180x, I haven't heard anyone else say they have one in this range and I've had it probably 6 months. So I would guess they have to be over 2000 by now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine's also in the 1800s if I'm reading it correct 71B18xx (no rail cut), and I bought it 12 months ago. I would have imagined they'd be well over 2000 by now.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Bluetooth, mine has a stamped number and a mim extractor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts