1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Springfield high-capacity Ultra Compact. It has the double stack magazine. I had a spring break in one of the magazines and figured I should replace all of the magazine springs with something from Wolff. Has anyone done this and if so, what were the results? Also, are there different spring rates available?

· Registered
55 Posts
While i don't own a Springer, i own a Para p14. It seems that all Para double stacks have weak springs. I use the wolff +10% springs in all my mags. I had fail to feed and slide wouldn't lock back when empty. New springs took care of that.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
silentbob said:
While i don't own a Springer, i own a Para p14. It seems that all Para double stacks have weak springs. I use the wolff +10% springs in all my mags. I had fail to feed and slide wouldn't lock back when empty. New springs took care of that.
I haven't had these problems yet, but I think these magazines are the same as one of the Para styles. I'd like to know which Para style fits this Springfield, since I have a hard time finding a magazine that fits correctly. I found a couple of ProMag magazines, but they don't have a good reputation. The spring that broke was from one of these ProMag magazines. I'll keep the +10% spring at the top of the list if I can get a part number. I wasn't able to find a contact number on the Wolff site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.