1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Notice how it sticks out. I find this feels a lot better than the flush MSH.
I'm looking for something simmilar I can order from a large supplier like midway. But If I can't find anything, I'll just order the original from Rock River.

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
Probably a recut arched or wedge.

In my opinion, thats exactly NOT how to fit a MSH, but YMMV.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
Looks like an Ed Brown Wedge to me also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I can find this is a wedge

Mine is definatly not a wedge.

It looks like the ed brown msh sticks out a bit, but not as much as the Rock River MSH.

Blade, I dont think it has much to do with fitting as the only way to make it level would be to grind it down flush then re-checker.

From other's pictures, it seems consistant that Rock River makes all of the flat MSH's like this. I might as well order one from RRA

·
Registered
412 Posts
The OEM S&W MSH sticks out like that as well.

They are aluminum though. Midway carries them for $11.99 each, all pins/springs included.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have one just like yours on my Springfield. It came from a dicount gun parts dealer on ebay. I do not like it and am looking for a replacement that fits flush.

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
The OEM S&W MSH sticks out like that as well.

They are aluminum though. Midway carries them for $11.99 each, all pins/springs included.
I hope that's not how crappy S&W is making their factory MSH. I have a few of those on their way and was expecting them to be typical dimensions, not some crap made to some unknown dimensions.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Looks like a Wilson. I bought a Wilson about 15 years ago that stuck out past the frame like the one shown. I remember thinking at the time that it stuck out almost as much as an arched MSH would.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I think I'll just order the MSH from Rock River it is cheaper than the wilson MSH.

Thanks, Hogue factor seconds I think it is cocobolo. One is thicker and more shiny but they are very nice grips.. The other side looks even nicer.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
There was a MSH like that on eBay a few days ago - might still be there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I hope that's not how crappy S&W is making their factory MSH. I have a few of those on their way and was expecting them to be typical dimensions, not some crap made to some unknown dimensions.
Sorry to disappoint you, but Ed Brown MSH's fit the same way:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts