1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local gun shop today and handled a nice stainless 4in kimber. It didn't have any model stamped on the frame but it was almost identical to a pro carry II. Is this just an older model or something? They had it marked at 619.99 plus tax. Does that sound like a good price on it? It looked to be in good shape.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like something that had a new slide. :D

I'm not aware of any Kimber with nothing on the slide.

Any more information about it?
It had kimber on one side but it didn't have a model name on it. It looked just like a pro carry II. I don't know much more about it. It had a model number on it but no model name. I don't remember the model number though. I'm just wondering how old it is.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
They don't go by model numbers, just names. You may have been looking at the serial number. The model name is on the right side of the slide, across from the "Kimber" rollmark on the left. It should say Pro Carry II, Compact Stainless, Pro Carry HD, etc. If it's made since 2001, it will have the suffix "II", indicating it has the Swartz safety.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They don't go by model numbers, just names. You may have been looking at the serial number. The model name is on the right side of the slide, across from the "Kimber" rollmark on the left. It should say Pro Carry II, Compact Stainless, Pro Carry HD, etc. If it's made since 2001, it will have the suffix "II", indicating it has the Swartz safety.
Maybe that was the serial number. It didn't have anything across from the "Kimber". Thats why I was wondering about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts