1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The only thing I have done to my FS model is changed the recoil spring to an 18.5# Wilson Combat and replaced the grips with rubber Hogues.

·
Registered
233 Posts
yes i would like to reply to what i have changed on my daly; gripps/rosewood diamond,along with new gripp bushings,stainless allenhead screws.recoil spring also put a stainlessplug.2001McCORMICKS combat/lowprofile rearsights.heavyduty extractor,stainless firingpin-spring.wilson combat magazines.so far it looks great fairly accurate,and most of all very dependable. i just purchased a checkered mainspring housing from ace custom .45's and it looks great,and griping it has a nice feel.also i put textured tape on the froint strap-it blends in nicely-feels good too.i've pick up alot of good stuff from this forum.thanks...esspecially to those who share them.

well guys i added a new adjustable match grade KINGS trigger to my CD,it was my first time ever. it was exstremly easy, it was oversized- i hade to file the top and the bottom of the trigger to a perfect fit,it was black with three lightning holes,i removed the black paint off the aluminium, now its naturial/silver looking.

------------------
i mention that i changed the rearsights...i just recently drilled a small dot on the froint sight and added white paint into the drilled hole,you talk about a improvements"...it gives quicker and better sight alinement.

i just added a new ss barrelbushing to my daly, because the factory bb was kinda loose, now it fits perfectly snugg...but im still able to remove the bb by hand. im looking forward to my next range vesit. the ss bushing inhanced the looks of the daly too.
5-27-01 i stippled my froint strap and reblued the froint strap after i finished...turn out really nice, also i installed a wilson hammer & sear and it all went in easy enough. nice trigger pull now.
[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 05-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 05-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 05-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 05-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 05-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 05-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by james beam (edited 05-27-2001).]

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
I have done my "standard" Chuck tune up. Replaced the following items - trigger,ambi-safety, extended slide stop and wooden grips. I also fitted a match bushing and a crisp 3 lb. trigger. The Chuck shoots 2" or better groups @ 25 yds. I can usually trade the ambi-safety and extended slide stop to someone for their standard ones.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Originally posted by Charles Daly II:
Planning to enhance my bone stock 1911. What do you fellas recommend?
The only things I have done to my Chuck is replace the standard plastic stocks (grips)
with a set of bonded ivory that has my initials scrimshawed into them and replace the FP stop.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've changed the recoil spring with Wolff 16.5 lbs, the extended slide stop with a standard from Ed Brown, rear sight with a BoMar, the trigger with an aluminum one, the plastic grips with wooden grips, and the extractor with a Caspian unit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey, Rob96! Are you from Allentown, PA? I'm originally from there. Bought my Chuck at the Army-Navy for $314. I too put on an 18.5# spring and rubber Hogues. ;-)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yes, FMJ, I am from Allentown, PA. I too bought my CD FS model at Army & Navy. You got yours on sale where I paid $349 for mine, but no complaints here. Arny & Navy has the new SS Enhanced models with the new Bomar style sights and narrower controls now. Talking to Jim at Army&Navy, they haven't had any CD's brought back for trade or to send back for repair, and they have been selling CD's for almost two years now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sniper_44 and Rob96:
I actually shoot IDPA at Easton as well as going up Luzerne Country (Bear Creek) and to Sciota to shoot matches there. Plus there are monthly IDPA shoots in New Tripoli that I'm probably going to be attending this year, too. I just shot at the PSA Shootout on Sunday in Palmyra, PA near Hershey. It was a blast.

I'm happy with my Chuck -- especially at the price. I had to return it to KBI when I bought it since it was jamming. When it came back, it went from being about 30% to about 85%. I replaced the mags and did some minor smithing work on it myself and now it's 100%.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I haven't shot IDPA yet. I do shoot up at Ontelaunee Rod&Gun in New Tripoli though. They just started IDPA there this year. Was gonna start IDPA this year, but with work and remodeling , no time. Next year though I plan on being there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, if you need directions or have any questions at all about it, let me know. My friends and I usually try to make it to most of the matches. All you really need is a gun, a holster, some mags, and ammo. Oh... and about 4 hours on a Sunday. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I shoot at Palmerton Rod and Gun,Easton fish & Game,and basically anywhere they will let me.If you ever want to shoot in the POCONO area let me know I'll give you directions to a great club.
Mabey I'll see you at Easton next month.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was talking with a guy about the Tripoli club today. It sounded really nice, moving and flip up targets, plus they do an indoor thing somewhere over the winter months every other Wednesday. They also have Practices every Thursday night. I live in Lehighton and My friends and I have been going to Easton. I would like to check out the Tripoli club.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts