1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, you always end up with alittle extra cash from Christmas gifts/Bonus. What's New for 2004 from;

Les Baer

Wilson combat

Springfield Armory

Kimber

Smith and Wesson

Always find time to plan the next purchase :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not much new has been done in the field of firearms for a long, long time.
So big whoop.
"Company A" modifies an existing design and hangs some more useless crap off it, calls it "tactical", and the same bleating sheep run out to buy it, thinking it is better than what they already own because the gun rags say so.
If a shred of independent critical thought was ever injected into the gun buying public, the industry would immediately atrophy and die.

·
Registered
61 Posts
norskjager said:
Not much new has been done in the field of firearms for a long, long time.
So big whoop.
"Company A" modifies an existing design and hangs some more useless crap off it, calls it "tactical", and the same bleating sheep run out to buy it, thinking it is better than what they already own because the gun rags say so.
If a shred of independent critical thought was ever injected into the gun buying public, the industry would immediately atrophy and die.
hahaha thats so true...

there are so many copies and clones these days... it's surprising if anyone can come up with something "innovative" and "new".

After i pickup a 9mm, i'm gonna not buy another pistol until they come out with a multiple caliber handgun, one that shoots several calibers at once and exceeeded 5000000000 rounds a minute.... :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
let me hijack this thread

What new guns would you like to see come out in 2004?

I would like to see an Officer's in 10mm, a 50AE carbine, and a .454 Desert Eagle. ( I know... more of the same nothing new... but that's what I want)

Other products: affordable 50AE carbide dies, and a come back for the all brass snake shot for .45 ACP.

·
Administrator
73,370 Posts
No, the idea is to get FBI, CIA, USMC DET, or some other group to buy 50 of them, then market a "civilian version" of what The Big Boys use. Every Rainbow Six wannabe then runs out to the gun store to get one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not much new has been done in a long time?

I guess it depends what you regard as new.

What about some of these guns that I would personally consider innovative in the last couple of years hand-gun wise:

Kel-Tec P-3AT

S&W Titanium Semi-autos

S&W .500 Magnum

Kahr PM-9, PM-40

Rohrbaugh

Glock .45 GAP

Springfield XD series

I think there are a lot of new ideas floating around lately from new rounds (.500 Mag, .45 GAP), to new gun designs (Springfield XD) to new accessories (like light rails and such). Not to mention the continual race to produce a gun in the smallest shootable form.

·
Registered
529 Posts
DDGator said:
Not to mention the continual race to produce a gun in the smallest shootable form.

Wont be long and we'll have a Keltec .32ACP sized pistol that shoots .45ACP with the recoil of a 5" barreled 9mm. :)

BTW, the Springfield XD is formerly known as the Croation Sensation, HS2000. SA simply has their name smashed on 'em and markets the heck outta 'em. Winning gun of the year certainly boosted sales to boot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just want the ability to BUY some of the pistols and rifles the beauracrats deem "bad".... that would open up a whole new group of guns to play with.

whatever happen to accountablitiy and not misplaced blame..

·
Banned
350 Posts
New Wilson Combat

Wilson is coming out with a new commander size 1911.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Uh-oh. Well, Sig has the GSR coming out, and I plan to get one. The tactical word sucks, but I do want a light rail so I guess I fall in line there. :(

·
Registered
300 Posts
A gun that comes with 20 hrs. a week to shoot it...:)

·
Banned
108 Posts
Hello Sam. The S&W Scandium Commander is the most exciting news I've heard for a while. This model should be a great success for them. Well, I personally know of many people that will be ordering one, that includes me:D .

I know alot of people are excited about the new Sig GSR or whatever it is called but I can't get excited about a $900.00 cast framed 1911 designed pistol, no matter how well it is built or who puts it together. Sorry.....

If Colt offered a 70 series Commander with all the goodies, like an XS, they could wipe out all of the cloning competition. ARE YOU LISTENING COLT!?

Take care, Bodine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
How about a S&W .500 with a Scandium frame and 2" barrel for CCW :eek:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Check out DW

Dan Wesson is coming out with a couple of new Commander length 1911's. Seems like they will be very nice.

Here's a list posted from the President of DW on the forum.

Many of you are worried that we are not offering the internal extractor anymore or that we will have no more entry level guns. To clarify this you can take a look at this year’s new product line-up and you will see that we have not left anyone out.

1) PM-XSS, Stainless major NEW, Internal extractor, fixed sight retail $599
2) PM7-S, Stainless major 7, everyone loves this classy lady, Internal extractor, fixed sight retail $799
3) PTE-S, Patriot Stainles Expert, extractor external, Retail $ 899
4) PTM-CC, Stainless CCO NEW, external extractor, fixed night sights retail $899
5) PTM-C, Stainless Commander NEW, external extractor, fixed night sights retail $899
6) PTM-CBOB, Stainless Commander NEW, external extractor, fixed night sights, & Ed Brown Bob-Tail retail $899
7) PM1-S, Stainless major High target rib, Internal extractor, Adjustable sight retail $699
8) RZ-10, Stainless 10mm, Razorback, Internal extractor, going to external next year, retail $899
9) PT-GH, Patriot Stainless 10mm NEW, GLOBAL HUNTER, extractor external, Retail $1195
10) PT-GSH, Patriot Matte Black 45 acp NEW, GLOBAL SURVIVALIST, extractor external, Retail $1195

And we will be doing some special runs for distributors throughout the year. I will keep you posted on these.

Thanks,
Bob
DWF

I will also say that DW's web page is not the best of the bunch and I don't think most of these show there yet.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I was pretty jazzed about the 625-10 I got to shoot last night. It's got a 2.5" barrel, both the barrel and cylinder are SS, the rest of the gun is Scandium and it has nice wood boot grips that offer a good hold. This was very very light, make a great carry gun. We were shooting light reloads out of it, but for carry you'd want some of the nice 185 gr. defensive ammo that's out there.
What's neat is they kept the 6 round cylinder, so it could be used in IDPA, which is what my friend will probably do.
I liked it a lot, but the down side is that it's a PC gun, so it's a bit more $ than usual. But hey, you get that spiffy case too!;)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Taurus has a new handgun called the 24/7 coming out. Supposed to be a glock-type police service pistol.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Nothing innovative, but still stuff I would like to see in person:

Dan Wessons, especially guns with night sights
S&W Scandium Commander
S&W Target Model 1911
HK 1911
SIG 1911
Unertl Ordnance 1911

Non 1911-
Rohrbaugh 9mm (won't buy one though)
SIG P229K

Like I said nothing innovative, but new permutations and variations of the 1911 by new manufacturers are always welcomed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts