1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They list 9.5 as standard, and 10 and 11 pound spring as "extra power." Are the 10 and 11 pound springs the +5% and +10%, respectively that people are always referring to?

Anyone care to let me know which are the "standard" WC 47D mag springs (item number would be helpful), and which are the 5% and 10%?

Also, anyone know if using the Wolff springs (well, as I understand it Wolff supplies springs to Wilson Combat) in my WC mags and gun will cause me warrantee problems? I don't need new followers right now and the WC spring kits are $7.95 per mag including follower. I can get the same springs without the followers in a package of 10 for about $47. The better deal is in the Wolff packages.

TIA

EDIT: Oh yeah, which would you recommend I use in my WC 47D's? Which spring should I get for my WC 10 round Beaurocrat?

[This message has been edited by JacRyan (edited 07-28-2001).]

·
Registered
21,967 Posts
I think Wilson has an exclusive with Wolff for their springs. Wolff does not catalog replacement Wilson springs as they do McCormick and Colt. Wilson springs are shorter - fewer coils than others, which is why you have to replace them more often. Two approaches: 1. Call Wolff and talk to a human about springs for Wilson magazines. 2. Call Wilson and grumble. I did and they sent me spring/follower sets at no charge.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can I call and grumble when I've been using the mags for a few years?

Heck, maybe what I should be asking for is a package price on their springs and followers. $50 for 10 kits would convince me to go with the WC kits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts